Making unread threads disappear from New posts results

vlom31

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to change the behaviour of how unread threads are treated in the new posts page..

Basically, say I click New posts, see the results, open the ones I want to read then go on with my life..

If I come back 1 week later, and click New posts, the threads I left unread will appear as new even if no new message was posted in them :/

How can I define a duration before even unread messages are marked as read and not displayed anymore ?

I know about the "Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days)" option, but that has a massive flaw that if I set it to 1 day, leave on vacations for 7 days and come back, I will have no new posts ..

So I guess what I'm looking for is Read Marking Data Lifetime (Days) since last login or last new posts page visit..

Mehdi

This isn't possible by default and will require an addon I believe. The closest is the lifetime but thats more a global setting not something to be used in your context.

The threads aren't "new" anymore. They're threads that haven't been updated since your last visit, but still contain unread posts. You can simply use the Mark Forums Read feature when you're done browsing if you want to come back only to fresh threads.

The threads aren't "new" anymore. They're threads that haven't been updated since your last visit, but still contain unread posts. You can simply use the Mark Forums Read feature when you're done browsing if you want to come back only to fresh threads.

Yes but they still appear as "new" .. that's my issue.

I can't be asking of my members to click a button each time to have an ergonomic experience, this needs to be fixed on my end :(

Top Bottom