1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Make Spoiler Tag Toggle Enabled

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by John L., Jan 22, 2014.

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

With the spoiler button, it's nice the way it functions, but for many sites I can see not being able to re-close the spoiler being a problem. Depending on the content posted, it would be good to have that feature as a toggle. Also creating an option in the AdminCP to either enable or disable that feature depending on how the user wants the spoiler to function.

Thanks, but I need a toggle!
    Lemminator, ZeWildGuy, Ryan_ and 45 others like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

My current spoiler is toggle-on-and-off-able so it would be nice to have the same functionality with the core function.
    Gazhyde, M@rc, DRE and 2 others like this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Making this a toggle off-on would be great and also would match my current spoiler set-up

I can see the toggle being useful for those NSFW bits of a post. With the way that it currently works on here, once you click to reveal then that's it, no hiding without a screen refresh! At least with a toggle you can quickly open and close it before the boss sees it.

I'm not talking about me here, of course, just in general. :whistle:
    Ryan_, Liam W, DRE and 3 others like this.
  4. nodle

nodle Well-Known Member

Ya it would be nice to be able to toggle it. +1 for me.
    bobs409 and DRE like this.
  5. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Needed too ;)
  6. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

+1 for me too. We add a lot of images in spoilers and it'll be nice to close it
  7. Fluff E Bunny

Fluff E Bunny New Member

Add me to the chorus of people who want the spoiler tag to be collapsible after opening. Here's why. On my board we often use spoiler tags to contain content that isn't necessarily safe for work (or flat out isn't safe). Sometimes you don't get indication from the context that the content may not be safe and you click the spoiler. With my current spoiler system, you can quickly re-hide. With this implementation, its not as convenient.
  8. bobs409

bobs409 Active Member

I agree. It would be nice to be able to toggle back to re-read the spoiler button.

I can see this being used for trivia questions / answers and jokes. (y)
  9. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

People are also in habit of adding extra large images inside spoiler tags for the sake of others viewing benefit, having the ability to toggle open and close spoiler tag like with the current alternatives would be really helpful, and in usual people are used to being able to close spoiler tags again.
  10. Maestro2k5

Maestro2k5 Member

+1 for me too
  11. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

With the custom BBCodes coming in 1.3 it will be trivial to add your own [NSFW] or similar code that works exactly as you want.
  12. James

James Well-Known Member

It's even easier to create the spoiler toggle functionality by removing the data-hide attribute! These guys just want it as a core/default feature :)
    M@rc likes this.
  13. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

good idea.
  14. Fluff E Bunny

Fluff E Bunny New Member

That's just silly to create a new tag that does exactly the same thing but can collapse. Pretty much every other spoiler tag in every other software that has the feature has it toggleable .

This. Just make it the default. That is the expected behavior for this type of BBCode for most everyone who has used it anywhere.
    gfc likes this.
  15. hcmagix

hcmagix Active Member

needed too
  16. Reeve of Shinra

Reeve of Shinra Well-Known Member

I would like it but its not end of the world
  17. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The spoiler can now be toggled.
    M@rc, Liam W, Deebs and 13 others like this.
  18. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

You the man now, dawg!
  19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nice one Mike.
  20. Slind

Slind Active Member

Thank you :)

Is it intended to have a smooth opening but no smooth closure?