Make "reason" to delete a post mandatory

Rigel Kentaurus

When I delete a post, the "reason" is not mandatory, I can just delete the post right away without typing "why".

While this works for hard deletes, and some things that are just too obvious, most of the times when I am browsing the forum, as I see deleted posts, I want to know "why". While I can ask the moderators to remember to always input a reason when deleting the post, it would help a lot if the UI actually enforced this, as a reminder that they should write in a reason for the deletion.

So, please add an option to make the reason mandatory, or make it a mandatory field by default.

Upvote 9
Personally I think it would be a good thing to integrate with the permissions system. If you make it so that you require it for moderators or other groups, but optional for Admins or members, then everyone is happy ;)

Personally I think it would be a good thing to integrate with the permissions system. If you make it so that you require it for moderators or other groups, but optional for Admins or members, then everyone is happy ;)
That would be great actually :) I do not care if an admin deletes a post, but the moderators I want to read why ;)

Exactly, so all you would need to do is develop a small tweak in the permissions so it forces the Mods to do so ;)

This free addon accomplishes the ask.

Top Bottom