XF 2.2 Make forum go automatically to whats new

hugo4melton

How can I make example my subdomain https://forum.domain.com load the whats new page? instead of the default forum page?
I already changed the homepage in panel to the whats new url

But if entering the subdomain it still forwards me to the forum instead of the whats new page

Solution
Index page route is what you change to whats-new/ (note just the page like that and not the whole URL and training slash is important)

Home page is for a link in the nav to a home page that isn't part of the forum. In your case that might be domain.com (as with this site: https://xenforo.com/ )
Index page route is what you change to whats-new/ (note just the page like that and not the whole URL and training slash is important)

Home page is for a link in the nav to a home page that isn't part of the forum. In your case that might be domain.com (as with this site: https://xenforo.com/ )

Last edited:
Solution
Sadly it shows mydomain.com/index.php?whats-new/posts/

Is there a way to manipulate so that it go index.php?whats-new/ instead?

@Miri
Try enabling full friendly URLs in basic options

You may need to activate the file htaccess.txt in the file system (this means removing the suffix and having a dot at the beginning.

See here:

I think i explained or worded my issue wrongly.. my apologies

By default if i set "Forums default page" to New Post.
What happens is Xenforo send the visitor by default to mydomain.com/index.php?whats-new/posts/

I would like xenforo to send visitor to mydomain.com/index.php?whats-new/ instead.

Try enabling full friendly URLs in basic options

You may need to activate the file htaccess.txt in the file system (this means removing the suffix and having a dot at the beginning.

See here:

Doesnt work, just tried because once i enter myforumdomain.com it auto forwards me to still to normal forum list.. even though i changed the url of the tab

Not sure then. Unless maybe you change the Link in the forums tab of navigation to mydomain.com/index.php?whats-new/ but then you may want to add a link to the forum list in the sub navigation.

I don't think it's the right choice to modify the native XenForo URLs through rewrite or 301 redirects in .htaccess. There could be many use cases where you should keep the native URLs. You could potentially create a new page with the desired URL and add a widget with the latest posts inside that page.

Doesnt work, just tried because once i enter myforumdomain.com it auto forwards me to still to normal forum list.. even though i changed the url of the tab
OK, well it worked perfectly when I tried it. ie the Forums tab goes to What's New (but the default page is set Forums)

Unless I am misunderstanding what you want.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Lucky, I didn't mean to go against your message in any way. You definitely know Xenforo better than I do, so I have a lot to learn. My advice was just personal and I firmly believe that you should never, ever change the native URLs because one day you will regret it deeply

I tried in

Edit navigation: Forums​

and change link to

{{ link('whats-new') }}
and set

Forums default page to Forums

For me the result is if i go to myforumdomain.com still shows normal forum someow

OK, well it worked perfectly when I tried it. ie the Forums tab goes to What's New (but the default page is set Forums)

Unless I am misunderstanding what you want.

mydomain.com

hmm but that would confuse the users if they always click on forum and always see whats new.. I noticed I cant rename Forum tab

But you said you wanted Forums default page to go to What's New:

By default if i set "Forums default page" to New Post... I would like xenforo to send visitor to mydomain.com/index.php?whats-new/ instead.

Plus the title of the thread is

Make forum go automatically to whats new​

Now I am confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom