XF 1.5 Make a post sticky over ALL forums and nodes?

You would need an add-on for global sticky threads/posts - check the Resources section for this.

Depending on what you want to 'stick', it may be possible for you to achieve this without any add-ons. You could use the built-in Notices feature in the ACP and get it to show in all forums. If the content of the 'sticky' isn't too big, that could just be typed into the Notice itself. If the content is too long, you could put some brief text into the Notice and add the URL for a thread where you would put the full details.

Aha, thanks.
I think I should go for the add-on, because it's a long post.

I have now about 4-5 add-ons (most from AndyB). Does this affect the performance noticeably?

Thanks!

That depends on which addons you have, how many database calls they're making (and how frequently), what kind of information is being returned, and the performance capacity of your web server. You can do a quick and easy performance test using https://tools.pingdom.com/ which is free. Then you can disable add-ons and do it again to measure their individual performance impact.

It all depends on how much traffic a site gets. With the usual traffic on a forum serving less than 20-50 members, most shared web hosts won't have an issue serving whatever is being requested. Add a couple hundred users to that (or more), and small issues that increase a slight performance requirement on the web server turn into big issues since it is being repeated exponentially. Running a free utility like I linked above helps people to fix those small issues before they become large issues.

It all depends on how much traffic a site gets. With the usual traffic on a forum serving less than 20-50 members, most shared web hosts won't have an issue serving whatever is being requested. Add a couple hundred users to that (or more), and small issues that increase a slight performance requirement on the web server turn into big issues since it is being repeated exponentially. Running a free utility like I linked above helps people to fix those small issues before they become large issues.

Very helpful, Thanks!

Top Bottom