XF 1.5 Mailing list only, without registration

gunnar

Is there a way to make a mailing list? Capturing users that do not want to register, but enter their email to a mailing list?

Really? Is this the kind of forum member you want to be? There must be other places for you to play?

Why? It's the truth, if someone is not going to take the time to register, they are not very likely to sign up for a mailing list.

But to answer your question, you'd need a custom add-on developed or use a separate mailing list script.

Why? It's the truth, if someone is not going to take the time to register, they are not very likely to sign up for a mailing list.

But to answer your question, you'd need a custom add-on developed or use a separate mailing list script.

The only truth here is that you can't see beyond your needs. If you have a fairly open site, with only restrictions on core functions, it would make perfect sense to sign up for news, but not register to be a full member. If I just want to be updated with a newsletter, not take part in a discussion, I would prefer to drop my email in a box rather than a laborious sign up procedure, with another password to remember.

Top Bottom