1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Mailing list only, without registration

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gunnar, Dec 6, 2015.

1. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

Is there a way to make a mailing list? Capturing users that do not want to register, but enter their email to a mailing list?
  2. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

If they don't want to register what makes you think they will sign up for a mailing list?
  3. RDR

RDR Well-Known Member

gunnar likes this.
  4. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

Really? Is this the kind of forum member you want to be? There must be other places for you to play?
  5. Dakota Storm

Dakota Storm Well-Known Member

Why? It's the truth, if someone is not going to take the time to register, they are not very likely to sign up for a mailing list.

But to answer your question, you'd need a custom add-on developed or use a separate mailing list script.
  6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

gunnar likes this.
  7. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

The only truth here is that you can't see beyond your needs. If you have a fairly open site, with only restrictions on core functions, it would make perfect sense to sign up for news, but not register to be a full member. If I just want to be updated with a newsletter, not take part in a discussion, I would prefer to drop my email in a box rather than a laborious sign up procedure, with another password to remember.
    Glockie and RDR like this.
  8. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

AndyB likes this.
  9. gunnar

gunnar Active Member

I like the way it gathers the emails for guests. But I would prefer to not have any automated emails sent. I just want to gather them to compose a HTML newsletter..
    Glockie likes this.