******* - Mailchimp Integrate [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brivium

******* submitted a new resource:

Mailchimp Integrate - Keep your XenForo subscribers in Sync with MailChimp, supports multiple lists and interest groups.

INFORMATION:
Keep your XenForo subscribers in Sync with MailChimp, supports multiple lists and interest groups.

FEATURES:
- Ability to add a signup form for your MailChimp list.
- Newsletter’s preferences allow users can change their newsletter subscribe.
- Mailchimp API log for admin.
- Supported Mailchimp API 2.0

INSTALLATION:
Please follow the installation instructions as noted in README.txt

Read more about this resource...

what happens when a user unsubscribes in an e-mail that you send via mailchimp? they have their own unsubscribe URL that's usually put at the bottom of each email -- does this interact with their server to ensure that the member is unsubscribed?

what happens when a user unsubscribes in an e-mail that you send via mailchimp? they have their own unsubscribe URL that's usually put at the bottom of each email -- does this interact with their server to ensure that the member is unsubscribed?
that would be a required feature for me to purchase. (Which I will)

******* updated ******* - Mailchimp Integrate with a new update entry:

13/08/2013: Version 1.0.1

- Fixed error no response when register.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you update it to where it auto adds the user to the mail list and if they dont want to be on it they can just unsubscribe?

Last edited:
After testing this out it works quite well. Users can subscribe/unsubscribe from the new "Newsletter" option in their profile settings and Mailchimp does respond (though not immediately, took 2-3 minutes which is fine).

@*******:
One problem is that existing members on the forum will not be added to the Mailchimp subscriber list automatically, so can I suggest you include an option in the Admin CP somewhere to bulk edit all users profiles to set "Newsletter" option to "Yes" so it can sync all users to Mailchimp?

It looks like you can use the listBatchSubscribe() via MailChimp API to do this:
http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/2.0/lists/batch-subscribe.php

New members should be OK as long as "Newsletter" is set to Yes during account creation? (I haven't tested new users yet).

Can you update it to where it auto adds the user to the mail list and if they dont want to be on it they can just unsubscribe?
After testing this out it works quite well. Users can subscribe/unsubscribe from the new "Newsletter" option in their profile settings and Mailchimp does respond (though not immediately, took 2-3 minutes which is fine).

@*******:
One problem is that existing members on the forum will not be added to the Mailchimp subscriber list automatically, so can I suggest you include an option in the Admin CP somewhere to bulk edit all users profiles to set "Newsletter" option to "Yes" so it can sync all users to Mailchimp?

It looks like you can use the listBatchSubscribe() via MailChimp API to do this:
http://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/2.0/lists/batch-subscribe.php

New members should be OK as long as "Newsletter" is set to Yes during account creation? (I haven't tested new users yet).

Hello,

Thanks for your report. We have noted your feedback. Let us try next update.

Regards,

22/09/2013: Version 1.1.0

- Added feature Rebuild Mailchimp Subscribers to force all members as subscribers.
- Fixed fatal error when Mailchimp Api threw errors.
- Fixed bug on display newsletter option at register page.
- Minor bugs fixes.
- Update addon's library to fit with new privacy policies at http://*******.com/privacy-policy/

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just installed this add-on, and have two questions. Could you please tell me:

1) I've added the API code and set my list in MailChimp. However, I don't see the option to sign up for the newsletter for new users on my site's registration form. Is there something else I need to enable for this to show up?

2) I want to subscribe my existing site members, but I also want to respect the wishes of members who have opted not to receive site emails. Is it possible to mass-subscribe all existing members *except* those who have opted not to receive site emails?

@******* I would like this as well
I want to subscribe my existing site members, but I also want to respect the wishes of members who have opted not to receive site emails. Is it possible to mass-subscribe all existing members *except* those who have opted not to receive site emails?

To make this perfect, the force-add-all rebuild would:
  1. Be able to respect the "no admin emails" option
  2. Be able to skip users who do not have valid emails (i.e. "valid" user state only)

I just installed this add-on, and have two questions. Could you please tell me:

1) I've added the API code and set my list in MailChimp. However, I don't see the option to sign up for the newsletter for new users on my site's registration form. Is there something else I need to enable for this to show up?

2) I want to subscribe my existing site members, but I also want to respect the wishes of members who have opted not to receive site emails. Is it possible to mass-subscribe all existing members *except* those who have opted not to receive site emails?

1. You should to create a mail lists in Mailchimp and on AdminCP Option, you should to choose a Lists.

@******* I would like this as well

To make this perfect, the force-add-all rebuild would:
  1. Be able to respect the "no admin emails" option
  2. Be able to skip users who do not have valid emails (i.e. "valid" user state only)
2. Let us try on next update. Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards,

This looks great, but let's say I have a mailing list already that I get subscribers for from outside the forum registration. What happens then?

Example: Mailing list of 1000 people with 500 people who aren't members of the forum. Are there any issues with using this plugin to integrate it?

arn

1. You should to create a mail lists in Mailchimp and on AdminCP Option, you should to choose a Lists.

@******* - I did this, and the option to sign up still isn't showing on the registration screen. I also reinstalled, just to be sure it wasn't an issue with corrupt files. Still no joy.

Any idea what could be causing this? I need to be sure members are presented with the option to subscribe on registration.

18/10/2014: Version 1.2.0

- Supported XenForo 1.4.x
- Added some options for subscribe action:
+ Double Opt-in Confirmation Message
+ Send Welcome Email
- Added some options for unsubscribe action:
+ Send Goodbye Email
+ Send Notify
+ Delete Member
- Fixed error with email type
- Fixed mailchimp log pagination