mailbox app - what is your reservation number?

LPH

Someone tweeted two hours ago that their reservation number was 107,000. I made the mistake of watching a movie, and letting my iPhone charge before downloading the app and getting a reservation.

My number? It is 424, 528. And as I was looking at that number ... the number showing the number of people behind me kept increasing - at a rate of over 200 per minute. I snapped this picture within about 30 seconds of watching that number increase quickly.

Remember the old ads running during the mid-90s - in which people stood around a monitor and watched their sales online increase exponentially?

Looks like mailbox app is a success.

As someone else tweeted, hopefully my mailbox app is provided before the company is acquired by another company. ;)

photo.webp

I haven't searched yet - what is this app? Some sort of unified mailbox that beats native and other mailbox apps?

Yeah, I read that link from above earlier but it really didn't tell me much other than how it would be great. and innovative. and email. + more than email. cuz we can't get away from email. embrace emails. etc.

Was just wondering if you had any real insight into how it worked... Any app that makes you wait in line before you have the privilege of using it smells of viral marketing.

Yeah, I read that link from above earlier but it really didn't tell me much other than how it would be great. and innovative. and email. + more than email. cuz we can't get away from email. embrace emails. etc.

Was just wondering if you had any real insight into how it worked... Any app that makes you wait in line before you have the privilege of using it smells of viral marketing.
Most definitely; it'll just increase the hype, and will make people want it more.

It can also backfire if they force people to wait longer than they would wish, and they could give up on it entirely.

Ok so I joined the queue around when this thread was created on the 8th February and I gained access yesterday. I've now been using Mailbox for around 24 hours.

Wow.

First of all, it's a hell of a lot better to use than the official Gmail app. And also I prefer it over the default Mail app for iPhone.

It has helped me manage my e-mails in an entirely new way.

My GMail app badge said I had around 5,000 unread emails. Mailbox. 0.

This is because thanks to the ease of use of Mailbox I am literally just swiping right all the time to archive or delete any outstanding messages.

As I'm sure most people do, you get a lot of build up in your Inbox. Perfect example is emails from this very board to do with Conversations. If I'm at XenForo.com, I won't need to read the email that comes through about the conversation. So usually if I've already read the conversation, the message in my inbox stays unread and forgotten about. Now when I go to my Mailbox app, I can quickly archive them. My favourite thing is if there's a Conversation I need to reply to later. I can now swipe left and ask it to remind me "This evening" or some such time in the future.

As for the general use of the app. The performance is excellent. Emails open quickly (much quicker than Gmail and Mail) and I have a unified Inbox. Whereas Mail has a unified Inbox, Gmail doesn't and there's usually a several second delay while accounts switch. With Mailbox all my emails are in one place and can be archived or actioned with incredible ease.

I don't usually part take in recommending products or writing reviews. But... on this occasion... I can't not. You should definitely join the queue and try it yourself.

Top Bottom