XF 1.4 Made a change I should not have

Mark87

I was looking for something in my style and made an error in tagichat pro..the message box where you type in your message is no longer white and black so you can see what you type. Have tried to find what controls this and going crazy doing so ??

Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Point being... since it is an add-on, and the styling question you are asking pertains to that add-on, the discussion area that you were pointed to would be the appropriate place to ask the question - since not everybody uses that add-on.

In addition, you need to specify whether you were messing with Style Properties, or in your EXTRA.css.
The code that controls that (for full screen) should be
Code:
#taigachat_full #taigachat_message .textCtrl
in EXTRA.css

The sidebar one would be
Code:
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_message .textCtrl

Last edited:
ok this also messed up other areas of the forum... the search block when you click it to write in also turns a twotone color. Would that be controlled by the header or is it a form ?

The easiest and quickest fix is to roll back the changes you made prior to the problem starting.

Then work through them again to see where you made the mistake.

Been in that all morning..it's one specific edit. It's in box's/ forms like the search box and in message box's. Just don't see what is controlling it. Only happens when you click to write in the box ???

I will plug away at it

Fixed... Found it. For anyone wondering that is controlled in appearances.... forms ...
Text Control, Focused State and background
As you found... that controls all the text control related CSS. The code I gave you is the preferred way of changing specific ones in EXTRA.css. You need to use something like Chrome Developer Tools or FireFox's FireBug (or whatever it's called now) to find the appropriate CSS and use it to make your changes. That way it is not applied globally.

Top Bottom