Fixed Low watermark quality

İMPaRaToR

Hi guys,

There are problems with the quality of the watermark. Watermark quality is quite low. I could solve the problem no matter what I do.

High Quality Example: (xenforo demo)

3007905606 (1).webp

Low Quality Example: (my website)

3007905606 (2).webp

Last edited:
It's not low quality.

It just looks sharper on your site - are you running XFMG 1.1.6?

It's possible it's running through the new unsharp mask filter we added in XFMG 1.1.6. It's not supposed to be quite that noticeable on watermark resizes so we can look at adjusting it.

However, presumably you aren't going to be using the Google logo for real, so you may find the results are more desirable for your actual watermark. Watermarks that have a white outline with a darker inner colour generally produce the best results (and the unsharp mask filter shouldn't really have as much of an effect on that).

It's not low quality.

It just looks sharper on your site - are you running XFMG 1.1.6?

It's possible it's running through the new unsharp mask filter we added in XFMG 1.1.6. It's not supposed to be quite that noticeable on watermark resizes so we can look at adjusting it.

However, presumably you aren't going to be using the Google logo for real, so you may find the results are more desirable for your actual watermark. Watermarks that have a white outline with a darker inner colour generally produce the best results (and the unsharp mask filter shouldn't really have as much of an effect on that).

Hi @Chris D

xenforo version: 1.5.7
xenforo media gallery version: 1.1.6(a)

I think there is a serious problem. I changed the logo and you can review below.

My Website: (version 1.1.6(a))

3007905606 (3).webp

Xenforo Demo: (version 1.1.5)

3007905606 (4).webp

We'll make some adjustments here.

As a workaround, if you download XFMG 1.1.5 and upload the following file from that package, it should revert it to the same behaviour you see on the demo:

library/XenGallery/Helper/Image.php

We'll make some adjustments here.

As a workaround, if you download XFMG 1.1.5 and upload the following file from that package, it should revert it to the same behaviour you see on the demo:

library/XenGallery/Helper/Image.php

Thanks, now I changed the file temporarily and the problem was solved.

I know I am late to the party – but just to confirm that this is not an individual case: Same problem here. And workaround helps.

Top Bottom