Losing admin access

Poppinfresh

I have a question regarding the tools, if any exist, that Xenforo comes with.

For security reasons is there any way to forcibly set an account to administrator while not being logged in? With my current webhost I have direct FTP access but not remote SQL.

I would have to ask, how did you install it in the first place? are you a customer of xenforo? I would guess that for security reasons its not likley that someone will give you this kind of information .... However I could be wrong.

I haven't installed it yet, this is a pre-sales question prior to purchasing the software ;p (Thus the forum we're in?)

I intend to install it on my webhost however I lack remote SQL access to my host, leaving a gap where I can effectively be locked out is not an acceptable scenario. I'm paranoid - sue me ;p

It's obviously possible to run SQL via a PHP file however I don't see the point in Googling that since my PHP is horribad then going through Xen's database structure to figure out the exact query and hope it works when the folks here most likely could write such a thing in an eyeblink.

Isn't that kinda the point of pre-sales support?

How can you be locked out once the account has been defined as an Administrator and the entry is in the config.php file?

I'm confused as to how that could happen.

If your account is the only Super Administrator account then other standard Administrator accounts can't edit it.

Top Bottom