1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to move from VB4.2

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by kefallon, Feb 28, 2013.

1. kefallon

kefallon Member

Is there a converter to move from VB4.2 including CMS, gallery etc.??
    Rob Fritz, Mark3121 and Neal like this.
  2. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

3. kefallon

kefallon Member

thanks will definitely consider move now with news on lawsuit
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You won't regret the move :D
  5. kefallon

kefallon Member

My board has a considerable number of pictures in albums, has anyone experience of moving from VB to XF and what happens to the pictures as i suspect this will be a blocker to move if they cannot be moved across??
  6. kefallon

kefallon Member

The more i look at VB debacle and how good Xenforo could be the quicker i need to move , CMS can wait but i need my gallery pictures transferred/available.
    What options do i have,
    buy photopost?
    Hope they can be recovered when addon is available

sorry for being thick this is not my day job but i have a community near 1000 members that i value but need to move away from VB soon...
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Yes, it will convert into threads and forums. Just put those into archive, and I mean, private forums.
  8. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

Good on you. Welcome.
  9. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

There is an importer for this one for stock 3.x vB galleries:

I believe you can modify it to import from vBulletin 4 using the modifications discussed here:

But I haven't tried them myself.
  10. kefallon

kefallon Member

Moved and big thank you too Schmitzit, generally happy with move could do with a few VB features back we are used too, but, sure we are now with progressive software and a management team who value their cutomer base :)
  11. Francesco V.

Francesco V. Active Member

Did you used the importer we can found as add-on here ? How it worked ? DId you need to make some post migration adjustement ?

thanks a lot
  12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Congrats, I'm quite positive you won't regret it and you'll see it was probably the best decision for your site. (y)
  13. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Welcome to XF! You're lucky in getting ScmitzIT's services he's always so busy because he's good.