Looking into buying...

Modded Crazy

Hey,

Well XenForo looks good and slightly interested...

How would I convert from vBulletin to XenForo?
Where can I find some good themes?
Any tutorials on how to make your own themes?
Averagely, How much is it for a custom theme?

Thanks,
Modded Crazy

Which importers/converters are available?
As of 29 August 2011, there were the following importers available:
  • There are official vBulletin 3.6 and vBulletin 3.7/3.8 importers built in to the software.
  • There is an official IP.Board 3.1.x importer built in to the software.
  • An unofficial vBulletin 4.0/4.1 importer is available as an add-on (compatible with XenForo 1.0 only).
  • An unofficial PunBB 1.2/1.3 importer is available as an add-on (compatible with XenForo 1.0 only).
  • An unofficial FluxBB 1.4 importer is available as an add-on (compatible with XenForo 1.0 only).
  • An unofficial SMF 2 importer is currently being developed.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

Styles are all here, prices vary: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/styles/

Doing your own is very easy: http://xenforo.com/help/styling/

Yes there are designers who make them. Some have their own sites but you'll find them all listing their themes on here.
All the add-ons / tweaks/ and skins are on here, not separated off on another site like vb.

WOW,

What a prompt reply
Thank you so much,

I think i have to fist import it to vb then move it to XenForo.
I will talk yo my staff for this and will definitely buy XenForo, because of its clean look and very fast response

Thanks again

WOW,

What a prompt reply
Thank you so much,

I think i have to fist import it to vb then move it to XenForo.
I will talk yo my staff for this and will definitely buy XenForo, because of its clean look and very fast response

Thanks again

You better believe it. Brogan is one of the big mods here and he's really efficient at fast and informative responses.
He's not the only one there are others too but he's the speediest. He looks after all the newcomers. We joke around that he doesn't sleep!

There are also some great designers and a lovely community of admins all helping each other. Kind of like to vb3.0 community used to be only I think a bit better. Bit of competition to spice it up but nothing nasty. I love it that everyone helps each other but then I'm a community cat.

Just so's I'm not coming over as a gormless XFfan there are criticisms but nothing major. I mean we're talking about having a proper Navigation Manager so we can design navigation bars without tweaking css, and there's a Resource Manager on the way to index all the add-ons so you can find what you need more easily. Some of the admins are a bit impatient for these things to appear, oh and there's a forms designer about to come too.
But really these are secondary things. I think myself that we get greedy because we get used to it being very good and it makes you just want more!

If your thinking about buying XF then you def should. I purchased my license back before the very first beta released and have been hooked ever since. This is one of the best communities for a forum solution i have ever been apart of. So without further a due welcome to XF! lol i know your gonna buy it..as most would say " Come to the dark side, we have cookies!".. I prefer to say Welcome to the light side..because we just kick ass!:sneaky:

Top Bottom