Looking Forward to Switching to XenForo

Craig

Good evening to you all!

This thread is to sing the praises of xenForo! As many of you have seen I have been asking for a lot of help trying to set up my site, WRX Mod Forums. XenForo, though I have needed quite a bit of help, is so much easier to use for an uber-newbie like me! Everything from changing colors to changing icons is made simpler.

My other site, Childhood Cancer Forums is run through Invision Power Services (IPS). Everything with that program is an absolute nightmare. tech support is slow, people in their community forums are not to eager to help.

I look forward to purchasing a couple of more licenses for future site, and look forward to any possible ad on products that come out in the future!

Be well

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but welcome to the world of forum administration, one that seems like a lot of work for very little reward most of the time.

It sounds to me like Matt needs to hire some technical people over there.

Sorry to hear you are having problems, but welcome to the world of forum administration, one that seems like a lot of work for very little reward most of the time.

It sounds to me like Matt needs to hire some technical people over there.

He needs to do something. One of the problems I have with the IPS community forums is that the majority seems to assume we are all well versed in writing code. I am not...

I appreciate the praise for XenForo, but am uncomfortable with the negative regarding IPS. I'm not terribly sure what, if anything, I should do. Hopefully the thread will simply drift down.

Let us know if there is any help you may need converting you wrx forums.

Thank you Carlos.

I guess it could be worse I could have gone with vBullitin originally.
No problem! :) You didn't have to go vBulletin. I also tried to change.

Then, I saw....XENFORO! :)
Why, are you going to help him for free then Carlos ??
aNo. He hasn't even asked, sooo. I don't know where you got that impression.

And the why is simple as: He shouldn't have to ...um know the ins and out of IPS in order for it to get it working the way HE wants it to. Took me minutes just knowing where to go in vB4 but only because I've bene using vbulletin for years. Now, xenForo on the other hand; It took me mere minutes as to knowing where to go, to do a particular thing. We were all new to xenforo, and we all got support regardless! :)

I appreciate the praise for XenForo, but am uncomfortable with the negative regarding IPS. I'm not terribly sure what, if anything, I should do. Hopefully the thread will simply drift down.

Let us know if there is any help you may need converting you wrx forums.

WRX is through XenForo. It is my Childhood Cancer Forums that is through IPS. I am seriously thinking about converting it to XenForo. I seem to recall that there is a function in XenForo that allows for transferring from another program to XenForo.

The only major issue I have now is getting the word out to get people to join my 2 sites.

WRX is through XenForo. It is my Childhood Cancer Forums that is through IPS. I am seriously thinking about converting it to XenForo. I seem to recall that there is a function in XenForo that allows for transferring from another program to XenForo.

The only major issue I have now is getting the word out to get people to join my 2 sites.

Unfortunately at this stage there is not a converter available for IPB, there are some people offering the service however if you want to go that way.

I have 7 years of IPB experience, for such a worthy cause I would be willing to help you out and donate a quality skin - if you are interested please contact me privately :)

I did the Facebook thing at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Childhood-Cancer-Forums/132616023454570 . I got a lot of people to "like" it, but can't seem to get them to make the leap from facebook to the main site.
Then, remind them that your site exists. Post it on the "wall." And I don't mean just spamming the mainpage link http://www.childhoodcancerforums.com/ but rather, try adding content to that wall feed. Like this: Second hand smoke kills! http://www.childhoodcancerforums.com/index.html/_/articles/secondhand-smoke-and-cancer-r18

Because, not only will it show the comment you made on top of the link you provided - it will show the link's title, AND the first um... 10 - 50 words?

What's wrong with donating time to help others? Has no one ever given you their time with asking for anything in return?

Don't worry about getting help if you need it. There are plenty of people willing to donate their time in helping others which is what "xenforo" is all about. It's not a self serving community and as stated, somebody will help in any issues you'll have though I think we will have to beat paul (brogan) to the punch. :)

Your in good hands here.

Top Bottom