Looking forward now to 1.1

I have a question to Kier, will the group promotions have an option of trophy points?
I've set up everything on my forums based on TP, and if user group promotions have the option of promoting after 'x' number of trophy points it'll make my life my easier xD
The group promotions system uses the same user criteria selection as trophies and notices - take a look at the most recent posts in the Notices Have You Seen thread for an idea of some of the available criteria :)

The group promotions system uses the same user criteria selection as trophies and notices - take a look at the most recent posts in the Notices Have You Seen thread for an idea of some of the available criteria :)

Kier, I have a question regarding the ignore feature.

Will admins be able to set users on other user's ignore list without enabling them to remove themselves? I hope that makes sense.

There are cases when they will do it and then set them off ignore where the chaos continues.

Also cant wait for 1.1, but to be honest Im glad pressure has not pushed a release too early. This is half the problem with other software and causes bugs.

Also cant wait for 1.1, but to be honest Im glad pressure has not pushed a release too early. This is half the problem with other software and causes bugs.
Yep, last thing we want is to be in the situation that other software is in... ;)

"Everyday is like constant heartbreak. I wake up in the morning, login to my emails and then check out XenForo.com. But then that announcement of 1.1 I am looking for is not there and I :cry:."

Hi, my name is John and I'm a xenforoholic. And...I think...I have a problem.

We have the technology.... :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have just read through the whole topic and love how heated it got at times, it made for an interesting thread. But here is my two cents on the matter of 1.1. So far, XenForo has been an awesome piece of kit and many owners of it love it for what it is. If you are thinking of moving over from your current board supplier to XF then I'm sure the whole community will help you make the plunge. If you think (even for a second) that you will miss any of the add-ons that you currently have installed then do not bother wasting your time moving to XF.

From my point of view, the whole idea of XF is to be as clean as possible and to keep things fast and up to date. It is forum software, not an arcade platform or gallery platform. Yes, there are developers out there that are building add-ons to get some excitement back into it but they are not going to be able to keep up with the pace of more established forums out there (not yet anyway).

Many people here have said they are waiting for 1.1 to be released before they move to XF, and that confuses me. If I was Kier & Mike I'd put the price up by 5% just before releasing it just to hack people off. We all believe in the software, that's why we are here, and many of us use it on a live site right now with just the forum functionality cos that is what we need, sure 1.1 is going to bring loads of new features to the table and no doubt re-write the way forums work but let it come out when it's ready.

If 1.1 was released tomorrow, how many of you would download it straight away and get that fuzzy feeling inside? Most of you no doubt. Now how would you feel if it just didn't function like it did in 1.0.x because it wasn't tested/built right in the first place? Let them get on with it and when it comes out it will blow you away.

Rant over... discuss!

Top Bottom