Looking for fast speed hosting

king8084

Budget is a monthly $150

Looking for dedicated server with very fast speeds

I dont need it managed

Any suggestions?

Gbit port with at least a couple SSD drives, and that's a good start for a fast setup.

Im looking at ovh

What you think is a fast server there?
I have this beast server :D
3OIejiJ.png

Should be a very good server. Of course, it all depends on what you're doing with it. If it's just for a xF forum with no crazy levels of traffic, it's going to be very fast.

Should be a very good server. Of course, it all depends on what you're doing with it. If it's just for a xF forum with no crazy levels of traffic, it's going to be very fast.
I usually have around 700 online with around 800k posts currently

I just want a fast loading speed and not sure what server to go with. Im willing to go up to $200 for the best possible server if the one i quoted isnt fast enough

I just want a fast loading speed and not sure what server to go with. Im willing to go up to $200 for the best possible server if the one i quoted isnt fast enough
Which server do you have now and what is the speed your users experience?

700 online in a 15 minute period? Server your looking at seems a bit overkill if you ask me.

Best cpu you can get your hands on is one thing but under 1,000 active users 4gb of ram would probably do plenty. More just opens up to ram based caching.

99% of the time, disk I/O is the limiting factor on a server. You are seldom going to run the CPU out of power, and will usually not run the server out of RAM if you have a bunch in there. But disk I/O is likely to be the bottleneck when it comes to having a fast server. The SSD drives are perfect for that.

99% of the time, disk I/O is the limiting factor on a server. You are seldom going to run the CPU out of power, and will usually not run the server out of RAM if you have a bunch in there. But disk I/O is likely to be the bottleneck when it comes to having a fast server. The SSD drives are perfect for that.
Then seems i picked a good server for fast loading

With less than one million posts you can put 100% of your database in 4 GB RAM. Your current server has the perfect size for your community.

The bottleneck for a php application as xenforo is the speed of a single cpu core.

Linode is recommended here. I tested it and it seemed linode did not fully separate core cpus. Meaning one core cpu delivers a different kind of speed depending on whats going on with the other cpus from other clients.

That can even handle 5K simultaneous user on XF and PHP7 :D

My current forum with 300-400 real-time visitors based on Google Analytics is just hosted on 4GB Linode :).
Im done with linode man

This attacker has a personal problem and says he will drag this for months

You might try a ddos service as cloudflare offers it.

Also the police might help. In one case they told me they can even sniff anonymity services (the anonymity service the attacker used was based in my country, though).

You might try a ddos service as cloudflare offers it.

Also the police might help. In one case they told me they can even sniff anonymity services (the anonymity service the attacker used was based in my country, though).

It isn't his VPS. It's Linode that is under attack. Their services in Dallas have been knocked offline for almost a week straight.

Top Bottom