Looking for advice on reverse geocoding online.

Miri

Can anyone recommend a good online reverse geocoding service that supports batch CSV uploads?

I've found two good services, but they only cover the United States. Most of the coordinates in my CSV files are in Europe. I have nearly 80,000 coordinates to process. Using Google Maps would cost me a significant portion of my salary. I've tried services that rely on OpenStreetMaps for reverse geocoding, but they are not very up-to-date, and street, locality, and zip code columns are missing for at least 30-40% of the entire file.
Yes, I know there's Google Maps, but it's too expensive.

I want to work with CSV files.

Alternatively, does anyone here offer such services?

You can try the Nominatim API for batch reverse geocoding. It's based on OpenStreetMap data and can be a cost-effective option. Also, check out the OpenCage Geocoder, which offers global coverage and batch processing support. Some forum members might offer custom solutions, so feel free to ask for recommendations.

I contacted OpenCage and was amazed by their support. Super fast and efficient. They helped me with my "reverse geocoding". They didn't have a user-side tool that would allow me to do this myself with my CSV files and they did it for me. Super recommended for the service. The only flaw is that Openstreetmaps, despite being an excellent resource, cannot be remotely compared with Google Maps.

Top Bottom