Looking for a new host...

Lee

I have been on a shared hosting plan at asmallorange for around 3 or 4 years, but recently their uptime and server response times seem to be way below par.

I was wondering if anybody has any hosts they can recommend? I'm looking for something ideally optimised to run xenForo, but I also want the freedom to run other things too.

If anyone can help that would be awesome.

You can run other things on xFHost like WordPress etc. There is nothing in the TOS that he/she can only run xF. Now Mike may joke saying he doesn't want vB installed on his servers........

I have been on a shared hosting plan at asmallorange for around 3 or 4 years, but recently their uptime and server response times seem to be way below par.

That's because they were fairly recently purchased by EIG, who is notorious for taking decent hosts and running the quality into the ground.

Just ordered from Nimbus, does anyone here have any experience on how long it takes to get approved? :)

Just ordered from Nimbus, does anyone here have any experience on how long it takes to get approved? :)

They've responded to everything for me within minutes during office hours. I suspect you'll get a reply tomorrow morning.

Most companies approve the orders and automatically provision your hosting instantly, unless you were marked for fraud, or there were other complications. Should literally be a matter of seconds from when you make your payment, to getting your welcome email with the login information. The exception is dedicated servers.

WHAT, ASO has been sold?

Yep! Happened probably about a year ago now, when EIG bought out HostGator. It was more or less part of the deal, since the HostGator owner (Brent Oxley) also owned ASO. The service and quality have plummeted since.

Most companies approve the orders and automatically provision your hosting instantly, unless you were marked for fraud, or there were other complications. Should literally be a matter of seconds from when you make your payment, to getting your welcome email with the login information. The exception is dedicated servers.

Yep! Happened probably about a year ago now, when EIG bought out HostGator. It was more or less part of the deal, since the HostGator owner (Brent Oxley) also owned ASO. The service and quality have plummeted since.

I'm currently in email conversation with them, they had some questions about how I wanted things setup. Top notch company so far, happy I made this choice! :)

Top Bottom