MG 2.1 Looking for a feature comparison list MG 1.1.17 vs. MG for XF2.1x

snoopy5

Hi,

in the "have you seen" section there is no specific information about what kind of changes have been made for the new MG for XF2.x vs. the MG 1.1.17.

I need to know more specific what features have been added and what features were taken away.

Also all other hints on what could enhance the userexperience or better interaction with the Resource addon or the XF forum software with the new software.

Thanks

in the "have you seen" section there is no specific information about what kind of changes have been made for the new MG for XF2.x vs. the MG 1.1.17.

I need to know more specific what features have been added and what features were taken away.

Thanks! I did not find that yesterday night!

Are there any features of MG 1.1.17, which habe been taken away from MG2?

Is there a possibility in MG2, to see in which thread of a the forum this specific image was shown/linked?

Are there any features of MG 1.1.17, which habe been taken away from MG2?

So I start here to add the features, which were available in MG 1.1.17 and which have been removed in MG 2.1rc

If someone finds more, please post in this thread, so we save time.

(Screenshot of version MG 1.1.17)

In MG 2.1rc, there is no lightbox anymore (I could live with that), but more importantly, there is no button anymore to enlarge the image to the maximum dimensions possible within your screen with one click (the loupe with the plus inside).

The developers expect that your users will try to do this with rightclicking in the browser. I do not think that they will do.

Is there a possibility in MG2, to see in which thread of a the forum this specific image was shown/linked?

Having read today that this was over the last 2 years in the suggestion forum several times, it seems that this is still not implemented.

If you need more Exif data than the standard setup, they have to be added in the template with MG 2.1rc.

In MG1.1.17 ist was an option with dropboxes within the ACP of MG.

So I start here to add the features, which were available in MG 1.1.17 and which have been removed in MG 2.1rc

If someone finds more, please post in this thread, so we save time.

View attachment 193484
(Screenshot of version MG 1.1.17)

In MG 2.1rc, there is no lightbox anymore (I could live with that), but more importantly, there is no button anymore to enlarge the image to the maximum dimensions possible within your screen with one click (the loupe with the plus inside).

The developers expect that your users will try to do this with rightclicking in the browser. I do not think that they will do.

Having read today that this was over the last 2 years in the suggestion forum several times, it seems that this is still not implemented.

I just started a thread this week about the missing fullscreen view and download options in the Media Gallery, we migrated from Photopost and the users would like to have this features back. So this in intentional and not just I'm missing some settings?

So this in intentional and not just I'm missing some settings?

Yes. But if there are enough users, who would like to have it back again and raise their voice, I am sure it can be brought back in a future version ;)

All depends on us whether we write in public/ in the suggestion forum what kind of features we would like to have.

Yes. But if there are enough users, who would like to have it back again and raise their voice, I am sure it can be brought back in a future version ;)

All depends on us whether we write in public/ in the suggestion forum what kind of features we would like to have.

hmm, that's not good news, these are the most basic features of a gallery

Top Bottom