Not a bug Long press for reactions is buggy

Yep. That will happen when you press too hard.

Here’s a series of taps where I have not activated the force tap behaviour.

View attachment 199699

Chris, is there a built in option to make reactions only open up when clicked on desktop? Rather than hover?

If not do you plan on ever implementing this functionality or is there a way I could make a template edit to achieve this?

There is no built-in option for that.

It's a shame but I understand. I would consider it in the future as a selection choice option. Mostly because all you see is the like button and new members wouldn't even know the reactions are available in the first place because usually when someone see's a like button they have in mind to use that option instead of pausing to wait for reactions to appear. Doesn't seem as realistic to me personally. If someone was to first click the like button then they could then choose like or any reaction that would pop-up.

Here’s a series of taps where I have not activated the force tap behaviour.

And here’s a series of presses where I activate it each time ;)

View attachment E3DE990A-2817-4536-BB29-850B33DD97D7.MP4

Just because you can do it perfectly doesn’t make it good UI. The fact it can be messed up at all, let alone consistently makes me feel like there’s an inherent issue with this implimentation.

Yep. That will happen when you press too hard.

So we should tell our users they’re pressing it wrong?

How hard should we tell them to press to make sure the website works properly?

Just trying to highlight the fact it doesn’t quite feel right.

FWIW, I don’t think it’s purely a direct measure of force that triggers it. It’s rate at which you apply the force as it still triggers quite easily if you gently increase the pressure over a second or so.

One of the issues is the word "Like" at the bottom of the post when it doesn't really mean "Like," it means open the reactions menu. So people think they should only click there to like a post, not the other reactions. And there is a problem if you change the phrase, because it is the same phrase used for the actual like reaction. I have asked for the two different things to have different phrases see my suggestion here:

Top Bottom