Lol... my copyright footer is getting ridiculous...

You should look into creating a system for merging copyright footers into a single line with a link to your site that only shows the installed products.

You can do it quite easily with an app_setup listener and a PHP Callback template modification, if you're interested I can throw up a quick tutorial.

Fillip

I am actually interested in that tutorial. I have thought about it a few times as its the only way I would even run a copyright on my addons. But seeing as how I have been to busy to develop anything these last couple of years it has been a low priority to figure out.

Haha, @DragonByte Tech just said "here let me fix that for you". :LOL:
I don't think Jaxel wants to fix it. But who knows. Especially on his own site, he mind as well advertise more. I would say Jaxel can figure it out himself. But he is pretty humble about his abilities and like any of us, is always learning.
It wasn't my intention to come across as wanting to tell others how to go about their business, and I apologise to Jaxel if that's how my posts came across. I'm only trying to help :)

Copyright footer sizes was, historically, our number one complaint, so you could say I had a strong incentive to eventually work out this problem once and for all.

Fillip

Copyright footer sizes was, historically, our number one complaint, so you could say I had a strong incentive to eventually work out this problem once and for all.

Fillip

This is why I was interested in it. I am always going to be on two paths. Either it's some free piece of junk I wrote or the project costs so much I won't be putting a notice on it. If I want to put a copyright statement on free addon's I definitely didn't want it being a mess.

It wasn't my intention to come across as wanting to tell others how to go about their business, and I apologise to Jaxel if that's how my posts came across. I'm only trying to help :)

Fillip
Honestly the way you handle copyrights is probably the best I have seen overall, especially with your product-wide branding free license (just wish it were cheaper or you had sales more often ;)).

When footer/product copyright overshadows content and becomes a focus point then you have a problem, more importantly, so do your "loyal" customers. Find a way to conslidate it all. It's a problem, that needs resolved that's for sure.

There are those whose add-ons are in such a high demand that they do not need to display copyrights in the footer. And then there are the others...

There are those whose add-ons generates a high ROI to offer a decent income and those who want to help people to afford their add-ons with splitting the costs between sales and marketing.

"high demand" = when something is so valuable to your users that you don't need copyright footer "marketing" to make a decent income...

"high demand" = when something is so valuable to your users that you don't need copyright footer "marketing" to make a decent income...
But why settle for high demand when you can have high demand AND the benefit from a copyright footer? :)

Anecdotal of course, but a statistically significant portion of our traffic comes from people clicking the copyright footers of other sites. There's nothing wrong with displaying copyright footers, so long as it's done in a sensible manner :)

Fillip

Top Bottom