lol! Coolest Error Ever!

And of course, if you like yourself..:

XenForo Community - Error

Liking your own content is considered cheating.

:P

And of course, if you like yourself..:

XenForo Community - Error

Liking your own content is considered cheating.

:p
I think I am going to start customizing the error messages on my site...

Edit:There's not much room for humor in these 39+ pages of phrases...anyone up for adding a link called ban next to like and adding the text

Were sorry you can't ban yourself

and

We have noted that you are trying to ban a member, u mad?

Edit:There's not much room for humor in these 39+ pages of phrases...anyone up for adding a link called ban next to like and adding the text

and

You forgot one very important piece:

400px-Trollface.jpg

and
Actually, a quick ban button would be decent. :P

Using this "HAL notation" is a pretty popular prank among many devs. Been there, done that in some app for an error that would be a very rare one. The funniest thing about it was a support question I received from some Dave guy (yes, his real name), in which he stated:

I'm pretty sure it is an error message and I can understand it, because I know what I did wrong, however, what I do not understand is how the hell can the program know my name - I sure didn't tell it. :)

Obviously, he had not seen the movie.

On the subject of easter eggs, I was upgrading a mobile phone exchange one night and half way through the upgrade, as I was looking through the code to fix a problem, I came across the complete lyrics to "Hard Day's Night" by The Beatles.

One of the developers obviously liked 60's pop music :D

Using this "HAL notation" is a pretty popular prank among many devs. Been there, done that in some app for an error that would be a very rare one. The funniest thing about it was a support question I received from some Dave guy (yes, his real name), in which he stated:

I'm pretty sure it is an error message and I can understand it, because I know what I did wrong, however, what I do not understand is how the hell can the program know my name - I sure didn't tell it. :)

Obviously, he had not seen the movie.

LOL funny story :p

... I came across the complete lyrics to "Hard Day's Night" by The Beatles.

On a similar note, my first proper Saturday job as a young lad was working for a local vehicle recycler; fetching and carrying parts, writing out the index cards for stock parts, etc.

Soon after I started in the job the boss bought a Tandy TRS80 MK2 (with twin 8" floppies!) and two SCSI HDD's to computerise the stock. His son made a start of building a stock system, which was then passed on to me when his son left for university.

Once the basics were done I had to transfer the manual index cards into the computer system. There were 30,000+ of them and it took me months and months.

Anyway, adding all the record cards quickly lost its appeal, and so to break the boredom I used to insert song lyrics and quotes from well-known movies into the Part Description field.

We were still finding them in the stock system years later ... :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom