Logo Opinion

TPerry

OK, I have started playing with Illustrator, and found a logo I modified. Opinions welcome.
logo.webp

The little smiley looks like its on PCP, other than that I can't remember when exactly, but Apple hasn't used their legacy logo colors in at least a decade.

The little smiley looks like its on PCP, other than that I can't remember when exactly, but Apple hasn't used their legacy logo colors in at least a decade.
Yep, but you know how them fanboys are. :p
The colors are something I am trying out since I'm just learning Illustrator. I like being retro!

It's alright...but it just looks like too much to me. The rainbow doesn't remind me of Apple (as the current company) right now as it does the old mac computers.

It's alright...but it just looks like too much to me. The rainbow doesn't remind me of Apple (as the current company) right now as it does the old mac computers.
I've changed the color up a little - but still looking for a better character.
logo.webp

Maybe swap the manic smiley dude for a clipart Apple Mac too?:

mactracker[1].webp

So it's visually focused on your target audience - the computer company and its aficionados.

Maybe swap the manic smiley dude for a clipart Apple Mac too?:
So it's visually focused on your target audience - the computer company and its aficionados.
Colors are still being worked on (getting familiar with gradients, etc), but you mean something like this
logo.webp

Last edited:
If your wanting to get solid multiple gradients, In your gradient settings ensure you pull the clear anchor point towards the colour. The further apart it is the more spread will be implemented, simply drag it towards the colour. :)
Will start exploring... this is the OLD version of Illustrator (when they changed it from PhotoShop), so I know the screens are going to be a little different.
Thanks!

Will start exploring... this is the OLD version of Illustrator (when they changed it from PhotoShop), so I know the screens are going to be a little different.
Thanks!

Yeah they will probably differ slightly but it'll be near enough the same for you to tinker with and at least familiarise yourself with it all. Have you started pulling your hair out yet? :D

Colors are still being worked on (getting familiar with gradients, etc), but you mean something like this
View attachment 51747

Yes, better than the little dude, right? The only thing you've really got to be careful of is using Apple's logos and trademarks (old and new).

That's where the abstact comes in - as a fan site you want to strongly associate with the company / products, but without permission you can't use the key things that identify the company and products - so you've just got to find something that says 'Apple' without using, well, I suppose, the apple ... :)

Perhaps look at the font/s Apple uses and make the typography the glue in your site logo / ID?!! ;)

Yes, better than the little dude, right? The only thing you've really got to be careful of is using Apple's logos and trademarks (old and new).
I got that one from findicons.com (site that @Shelley had referred me to earlier) so it's probably OK to use.
Until I get where I can do a more solid gradient, I've kept the original colors. I've got to go start making chicken and dumplings (for the wife and son - I'm fixing a chuck roast for me), so have to take a pause on working on it.
That's where the abstact comes in - as a fan site you want to strongly associate with the company / products, but without permission you can't use the key things that identify the company and products - so you've just got to find something that says 'Apple' without using, well, I suppose, the apple ... :)
The way Apple copyrights everything down to rounded corners, it makes it kind a hard! :ROFLMAO:
Perhaps look at the font/s Apple uses and make the typography the glue in your site logo / ID?!! ;)
I've got to install some fonts so will look at that. The worst thing is I've got it installed on a 13" laptop, so it's a little harder to do anything on that sucka'. Got to take one of my Linux boxes and install Windows on it I guess.

I got that one from findicons.com (site that @Shelley had referred me to earlier) so it's probably OK to use.
Until I get where I can do a more solid gradient, I've kept the original colors. I've got to go start making chicken and dumplings (for the wife and son - I'm fixing a chuck roast for me), so have to take a pause on working on it.

The way Apple copyrights everything down to rounded corners, it makes it kind a hard! :ROFLMAO:

I've got to install some fonts so will look at that. The worst thing is I've got it installed on a 13" laptop, so it's a little harder to do anything on that sucka'. Got to take one of my Linux boxes and install Windows on it I guess.

:ROFLMAO: Oh god whatever you do don't implement a radius you'll have apple lawyers at your door suing you for 1 billion. :LOL: Another bit of advice don't add any white in the logo otherwise you'll have lawyers at your doorstep also. :D

I thought the first logo was awesome lol
I kinda liked it myself, but @Clickfinity is right, it really needs to reflect the basis of the site. I've got one that I'm using now until I can work on @Shelley suggestion on the gradients. The finder icon actually works well as it's what I use as my default icon on the forum.
logo.webp

I'm thinking of changing the "A discussion area for all things Apple" to "Take a bite of the Apple" ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom