Logo Opinion

I kinda liked it myself, but @Clickfinity is right, it really needs to reflect the basis of the site. I've got one that I'm using now until I can work on @Shelley suggestion on the gradients. The finder icon actually works well as it's what I use as my default icon on the forum.
View attachment 51751

I'm thinking of changing the "A discussion area for all things Apple" to "Take a bite of the Apple" ;)

That logo you have right there is good. I really like that one.

That logo you have right there is good. I really like that one.
It's kinda growing on me. I've found another finder icon that I may use instead. Still will have to change the gradient colors. Time to go back to playing with them since I have the roast and dumplings on cooking and have a few minutes.
plain.webp

It's kinda growing on me. I've found another finder icon that I may use instead. Still will have to change the gradient colors. Time to go back to playing with them since I have the roast and dumplings on cooking and have a few minutes.
View attachment 51761

You have room for one more? *remembers loving stew and dumplings as a kid* :D

Edit: Nice Icon. looking forward in seeing what text you come up with to compliment that.

You have room for one more? *remembers loving stew and dumplings as a kid* :D

Edit: Nice Icon. looking forward in seeing what text you come up with to compliment that.
Always have room for one more! I get kidded all the time about cooking enough to feed a small army (for 3 people I've got an almost 4lb roast in the oven) and the dumplings are in a 36qt stock pot and it's about 3/4 full (and that's only for 2 people - but I'll probably take some by some of our elderly neighbors).
I finally figured out how to adjust the colors!! So now I'm playing with that, and have installed the Myriad fonts, which is what I understand is used a lot by A**le (name changed to keep from getting sued for infringement :ROFLMAO:).

Fred, could you link the forum or PM it to one of us? These colors mean little if we can't see the site's main colors. Personally I would find it weird to use earth tones on an Apple related site.

Yeah, sorry about that. Long day. I'd make the text a little more thicker and less stroke. A little more spring time color too. Add some padding to the left of the logo in your CSS file so that it aligns with the main nav-bar.

Think I'm going to stick with this one for a while. Will be working on something with the other icon I posted, but gotta learn a LOT more about PhotoShop to do what I'm thinking of.
Here is what it's going to be for now (as it's the limit of what I know to make the text thicker).
logo.webp

Think I'm going to stick with this one for a while. Will be working on something with the other icon I posted, but gotta learn a LOT more about PhotoShop to do what I'm thinking of.
Here is what it's going to be for now (as it's the limit of what I know to make the text thicker).
View attachment 51789

Looking sweet Tracy - Persevere with photoshop and I guarantee you'll know it inside out before the end of the month. Most of the features you won't have to use but stick to the most common features that designs use and it'll be easier to get to grips with. :)

Top Bottom