XF 1.5 logo.og.png

CarpCharacin

It shows up as XenForo on links and bookmarks and such, but how do I change it? I know how to change the file, but what image should I use for it? My entire logo would get cut off.

Anyone can create a graphic. Whether you can create a decent graphic is another matter. Your only other option is to get one created for you, which is going to cost (you can post in Custom Service/Development requests for this), or search the web for a suitable free graphic (though you'll have to make sure it's free for use elsewhere or you'll get slapped for just nicking one). Chances are any royalty free graphics are going to cost you.

Anyway you've been given the options, the rest is now up to you. Welcome to the world of being an admin on a website.

Chill out... I'll see if I can grab it for you.... are you talking about the fish image itself?

EDIT:
Well, looked around and can't find it, so either I'm looking in the wrong place or the original poster removed it. I know you got enough peoples over there knickers twisted that they weren't really willing to go out of their way to assist you.
I did have it on my computer still up until about 2 weeks ago, but went through a housecleaning of images I no longer needed and it went into the trash bin and was emptied.

Last edited:
Original image would not work since it's rectangular. I've modified it to be square (transparent background) and created the favicon.ico for you (it's the default 16x16px).
I'm working on making it larger for the logo_og.
It's going to take a bit as the background of your logo is transparent by default.. and your text is white - so the entire image has to be modified to give a solid background and then created in a square format.

EDIT: in 350x350px format

logo_og.webp

Attachments

Last edited:
So that new favicon is better than the one I have now? The logo .0g is a JPG. Will I have to convert it to a PNG to make it work?
Don't really know what you have now.. you said you wanted consistency.
and for the JPG vs PNG... JPG is smaller
Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 11.03.05 AM.webp
And as you can see.. you can name it whatever you want here.

But that has PNG. The favicon I have now is the fish, but it dosen't fit to well so it looks like it is kind of smashed.
I don't know how to explain it any clearer than "It can have any graphic extension you want as long as you define it in the shown location".
https://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/how-to-use-og-image-meta-tag-facebook-reddit has an example clearly showing that the image they use is in a JPG format.
Spend a little time on Google researching this type information.... you will learn a lot.

The favicon I attached (in the ZIP file) is a 16x16px square, so it shouldn't look "smashed" for that.

Top Bottom