1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logo input

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tracy Perry, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Well, my son (who is a gear head - specifically Mustang) is wanting me to work on a forum for him.
    He kinda liked the domain mustangbit.com, so I went ahead and registered it and have been working on a logo for him.

Creative suggestions on the design so far would be welcome, as I am very design challenged (even tho' I am learning the technical aspects of Photoshop).
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would probably definitely beat you in a fight for the title of "Worst design skills ever" :D but have you considered having the domain name down the side of the car, like a graphic?
  3. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

Agree with Brogan actually, having the domain name like as a Side Stripe of the car might look better.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

That's actually a good suggestion.

if you want to start giving the appearance in skewing/angle the text you can either use @Tracy Perry in photoshop and on your text layer do a Type >> Convert to shape then play around giving it perspective with either Edit >> Transform Path >> Distort or Edit >> Transform Path >> Perspective like so (Below)

Tracy Perry likes this.
  5. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Looked fun....

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  6. Tracy Perry

Actually like the base format of this one. Where you pull the car image from? I always like to run the background of them as transparent in case I use an off-color (anything other than white) in the header. I STILL haven't gotten around to loading windows up on one of the Linux boxes yet. Yes, I'm a procrastinator. :whistle:
    Shelley likes this.
  7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

8. Tracy Perry

Going to have to work on the fonts and text location a little. Hate windows limited fonts.
  9. Anseur

Anseur Active Member

take a look at dafont.com for some free (or paid) ones. It's not like all your users need the font too if your just using it for a logo and so saving it as an image anyway. Might find something more 'car' like for example.
  10. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

Careful with the domain. I remember GM and Ford throwing hissy fits a few years back about car names being used in domain names, and seizing a few.