Login as User (LAU2)

Login as User (LAU2) 1.2.9

No permission to download
Hello,

its a good little addon, but ... I found a little hair at soup. ;)

1623515471070.webp
There should be a other square box. I think such a box:
1623515542023.webp

Peanuts... but when I see this, I will report them.

1623515542023.png
This does not seem to be correct to me! In the XF templates, only the class "header" is found in connection with this type of table - as I also use it... Class "header" is therefore always used when a table has a header row. Ergo, it seems to be rather "suboptimal" in the add-on you mentioned. Even though it certainly seems "better"...

screen_1623670449.webp
Everything is "small" and this also results in the checkbox being smaller.

I just had a report of a user logging in and being logged in as a different user.

If they then try to logout they get met with a security issue warning and can't logout.

I can only think it might be related to this addon?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

I use it in both of my forums - never had such an error.

Cache/Cookie problem? Screenshots from your members screens?

Weird. I disabled the addon after my last post, then went to load the site myself a couple of minutes ago, so about 7 hours later and it loaded up a session for another user that was last online at 10.33am.

Trying to open the alerts menu or user account menu greeted me with a security issue error

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

After a page reload, it found my correct user info and showed my my usual account info.

Feature request:

Love this, makes it so much easier to find and troubleshoot user issues. Thank you! One thing I'd like to see, however, is not actually updating the "last logon" data for the user. The user actually didn't log-on, it was simulated. The last logon date should reflect the true logon, not an administrative one.

In addition, the link for au lait in the add-on goes to a dead URL.

Love this, makes it so much easier to find and troubleshoot user issues. Thank you! One thing I'd like to see, however, is not actually updating the "last logon" data for the user. The user actually didn't log-on, it was simulated. The last logon date should reflect the true logon, not an administrative one.
I don't understand. I assume you mean "Last seen", but I don't understand.

View attachment screen_1681210648.mp4

Please specify what exactly you mean.

????

Feature request:

You can use "Stealth Login" option, if you don't want the user last seen date updated.

Sorry, yes, I meant "last seen." In my install, the stealth mode (not documented anywhere, unless I've missed it) is checked and it doesn't have that effect. If I log in as a user and then look at their profile later, "Last Seen" shows as that log in. I'll go and try it again, but since this is why I asked in the first place, I'm pretty sure the results will be the same. But maybe I got it wrong.

The dead URL:

dead URL.png
"au lait" looks like it goes to xenmade.com. When clicked, it resolves to: http://ww11.xenmade.com/?sub1=(...redacted)

Entering "xenmade.com" in a separate (and different) browser, comes up as a white page with no content.

Will check stealth mode again and report back. Thanks!

EDIT: Well, quite strange. I can report that stealth mode works as advertised. I don't know what happened, unless I also did a real logon with the test account and forgot I did that. Anyway, except for the weird URL behavior, all is well. Sorry for the trouble and thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom