Logged In Members Getting Out of Memory Error, But Guests Can View The Site

TheBigK

We're under heavy traffic as of now, and the logged in members are being presented with Out Of Memory Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 294 error. The guests can see the site fine, and this could be because we use bd Cache plugin to cache our content.

The server admin says that server isn't using all the memory and has not started using SWAP as of now.

Could you please tell me what's the best way to fix such issues?

I'm a guest and just got this trying to open the forum via your nav bar:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 78643200) (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /home/crazzzz/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

The home page is working fine and clicking links to the threads from the home page work.

I'm a guest and just got this trying to open the forum via your nav bar:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 78643200) (tried to allocate 83 bytes) in /home/crazzzz/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

The home page is working fine and clicking links to the threads from the home page work.
Strange, we've asked our members and they confirmed that they can view the site as guests. Could you please recheck?

BD Cache by xfrocks and Xen Cache works differently.
BDCache is good for the guest mostly, but Xen Cache can really help both guest and logged members.

BD Cache by xfrocks and Xen Cache works differently.
BDCache is good for the guest mostly, but Xen Cache can really help both guest and logged members.
and it looks like you're using both BD cache and XenCache simultaneously. Have you noticed any significant difference with and without these addons?

and it looks like you're using both BD cache and XenCache simultaneously. Have you noticed any significant difference with and without these addons?
Yes, Xen Cache save/cache queries both guest and members.
So if you have BD Cache already installed, Xen Cache is useless for the guest on some pages that BD cache already cache it but still very good for logged members.

Yes, Xen Cache save/cache queries both guest and members.
So if you have BD Cache already installed, Xen Cache is useless for the guest on some pages that BD cache already cache it but still very good for logged members.
I think I'd just uninstall the BD Cache addon and give XenCache a try.

I think I'd just uninstall the BD Cache addon and give XenCache a try.
No, just use them both.
BD Cache Cache threads that Xen Cache is not capable of.
Xen Cache only cache queries on major pages like:
  • Cache count thread in forum.
  • Cache list normal thread in forum.
  • Cache list sticky thread in forum.
  • Cache session activity records.

The Server Admin got back saying this :-

I have been investigating this issue and it seems strange that you would see that error. The reason being is that your php memory limit is set to 132MB but that error is suggesting it is only set to 72MB. I wonder if that is a local configuration for what ever process was trying to access Mysqli.php? Also I have restarted Apache and have yet to see the error. Can you confirm that the error is no longer appearing for you? If the error is still appearing then we will have to discover why the limit is being set to 77MB for that particular php file.

Can someone tell me what's happening?

XenForo recommends you to use at least 128MB of memory allocated to PHP and recommends 256MB:
# tail -n 5 /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
php_admin_value[error_log] = /var/log/php-fpm/$pool.log
php_admin_value[date.timezone] = America/Montreal
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 256M
php_admin_value[post_max_size] = 1M
php_admin_value[upload_max_filesize] = 1M

Top Bottom