1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locked out of Xenforo Admin Control Panel

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Randy Durham, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Randy Durham

Randy Durham Member

For some reason the username and password I've been using as an Admin on my new site no longer works. I don't see a reset password or password reminder link from the control panel login so it looks like I'm locked out. How can I gain access again to my control panel? And then any idea why the password I've used and saved suddenly doesn't work? Thanks for any help. BTW here is the error message I get now when I attempt to log in:

tomatogirl likes this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You have 5 failed login attempts so it has locked you out temporarily. Run this query on your database to clear the login attempts:

Code:
    TRUNCATE TABLE xf_login_attempt

Or you can wait 15 minutes and the login attempts will automatically clear.

The "lost password" page is:

http://www.yoursite.com/community/index.php?lost-password/

adaaaam and tomatogirl like this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can log in via the front-end (you may need to log out first). If you fail too many times, you just have to solve a CAPTCHA but you can continue as needed.

4. Randy Durham

Randy Durham Member

Thank you very much guys. The lost password page did it for me. :)

5. Business Coach

Business Coach Active Member

this sucks for admin

there is no "captcha" being asked, just telling me i am locked out of my own site...

however it did let me back into the FRONT end

6. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

Is this adjustable somewhere? A member is saying that he gets locked on when he puts the wrong password in just once. I can't find the setting where this would occur.

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member