XF 2.1 localhost to live server

dds115

I'm trying to go from my xampp forum and copy it onto my hosting site. Is there a walk through for this?

I've copied all my files from htdocs to my webhosting, but when I try to import my database (with default settings) to my hosting provider I get the following error:

SQL query: -- -- Database: lambarch_dev -- -- -------------------------------------------------------- -- -- Table structure for table xf_addon -- CREATE TABLE xf_addon ( addon_id varbinary(50) NOT NULL, title varchar(75) NOT NULL, version_string varchar(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', version_id int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, json_hash varbinary(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', active tinyint(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL, is_legacy tinyint(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, is_processing tinyint(3) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, last_pending_action varchar(50) DEFAULT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4

MySQL said:
#1046 - No database selected

Any help is appreciated!

spider

Create a new empty database on the live server. Give it a database-username and database-password as required

If the db is small (I'm assuming you have a dbname.sql file yes?) you can use it directly via phpmyadmin to 'import' it that way. If its larger and you don't want to mess about with SSH (command line) or a tool such as BigDump to import it, upload it above public_html so its outside visible web traffic then ask your host to import it for you. Most will do this I suspect. ? :)

If you do not have an .sql file of your database , what do you have ? The 'raw' files for the db (.myd / .myi etc etc) not a great way to do this! I've never tried that method I suspect it would lead to all kinds of interesting "difficult to fix" issues if you did and you'd need a VPS or Dedi no doubt to get access to that part of the filesystem on the live server.

dds115

are you importing the db from your localhost?
can't you make a dump and import it in your webhosting and change config.ini?
Create a new empty database on the live server. Give it a database-username and database-password as required

If the db is small (I'm assuming you have a dbname.sql file yes?) you can use it directly via phpmyadmin to 'import' it that way. If its larger and you don't want to mess about with SSH (command line) or a tool such as BigDump to import it, upload it above public_html so its outside visible web traffic then ask your host to import it for you. Most will do this I suspect. ? :)

If you do not have an .sql file of your database , what do you have ? The 'raw' files for the db (.myd / .myi etc etc) not a great way to do this! I've never tried that method I suspect it would lead to all kinds of interesting "difficult to fix" issues if you did and you'd need a VPS or Dedi no doubt to get access to that part of the filesystem on the live server.

Sorry for the slow response, I didn't notice anyone responded :)

So I've now been able to import the database, but when I go to domain.com (where my forum is hosted) I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught XF\Db\Exception: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php:160 Stack trace: #0 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(28): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->makeConnection(Array) #1 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(60): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->getConnection() #2 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php(113): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->connect() #3 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(516): XF\Db\Mysqli\Adapter->escapeString('options') #4 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(494): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote('options') #5 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(138): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->quote(Array) #6 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(83): XF\DataRegistry->readFromDb(Array, Array) #7 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/DataRegistry.php(226): XF\DataRegistry->get(Array) #8 /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/App.php(16 in /home/lambarch/public_html/src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Adapter.php on line 160

Do I need to change something in 'config.ini'? If so, can you tell me where that might be located? Sorry for the amateur questions, I'm really figuring this out as I go if you can't tell haha

Tri@de

Your host sent you some data to connect to the db: host name, user and password. You have to write in the config file. I don't think he gave you the root user and without password. (as I read using password: No)