1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Local installation problem

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by najaru, Oct 6, 2010.

1. najaru

najaru Active Member

I cannot install on server for safe mode issue.

I have try to install in local, but at step2 i have this error:

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

I have 119 table created in database
  2. Boothby

Boothby Active Member

I got the same error on a local WinXP Home / XAMPP installation.
  3. cornishman

cornishman Active Member

Have the same problem here on an XP AMP.
    Installed fine to a production CentOS box though, no trouble at all.
  4. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Problem already reported and Mike is looking into it. For anyone using WAMP, hold off till we get an answer as it just ain't working for some reason.
    cornishman likes this.
  5. Luciano

Luciano Member

After downloading a new version just now, the tables are created ok in step 1 and step 1b.. but when it switches to step 2.. the browser (FF) says: connection reset while loading the page. and then only, when trying again I get the above error.
    (just wrote this, so I would get notified if anything new comes up in this thread)
    PS: Wamp has always been working nicely. (I deleted all logs and looked at the apache and php and mysql logs. => NO ERROR at all in the logs
  6. Craigr

Craigr Active Member

Same problem here. :confused:
  7. Eric J.

Eric J. Well-Known Member

So nothing on this yet? I got a crap host so unfortunately I have to wait for this to play with XenForo. :/
  8. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

Any updates? I was gonna test this using xamp too.. but if people are having problems.. I will have to hold off for a bit.