Not planned Load Post New thread in lightbox

Shamil

I'm not sure everyone would like this, but I do see some people, at least, agreeing on this. Nethertheless, I believe that this may come in useful.

In order to reduce page load, and such, it might be useful to load the "Post New Thread" page content into a lightbox, instead of loading its own page. Further, this could be seen as a quick(er) way to post a new thread.

Why have this? Basically, it speeds up the time it takes for someone to post a new thread, but also, removes the additional minute detail for the average forum member, which he or she may not care about when posting a new thread. The options for "Watch this thread" and "and receive email notifications" would be taken from user settings. If user wanted to post a poll, or upload a file, an "Advanced" button would provide interface to posting the current content in-editor to the advanced, more detailed, current, Create Thread page.

Collusion to this, I think that there should be a standard to the nomenclature, ie. either: "Create Thread" or "Post New Thread".

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this wouldn't be forum like. Also I imagine that two options (Create Thread and Post New Thread) could lead to confusions for users.

Is it just me or do lightboxes feel 'unstable' from a UI/UX standpoint? Not the best place to type a post.

Is it just me or do lightboxes feel 'unstable' from a UI/UX standpoint? Not the best place to type a post.

I don't find them 'unstable', but I think its use should be kept to specific things.

I totally do not agree to loading the new thread page into Lightbox, or anything else for that matter, they should stay as their own pages.

EDIT: Typo's :(.

I suppose I should explain what I meant - lightboxes containing images are generally prone to closing unexpectedly, so typing in one would be a bit disconcerting.

Also it will never be as practical as a separate page - users should be free to open pages in tabs if they want to without having to jump through hoops (multiple stages of editors).

Top Bottom