• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent. There's no rush you've done such a wonderful job with this I'm more than happy with beta2 far surpassed my expectations. Outstanding job on the blog :supersized_gigantic_thumbsup:
It's not so much rush as it is I can't stop myself from working on it. There's so much I want to do and, despite a couple of struggles here and there to do it since I'm still learning how XF works, I really like doing it.

I'd even be working on it now if it wasn't for the fact I have a website to launch today.

Great Installed the add-on ! Donation sent & you did a awesome job with it :)

Now just waiting for you to create Recent entries on the Portal add-on :P

Alright, I've added links to this post to highlighting the (3?) current translations of the blog. If anyone has more, please post it here and I'll link to it on the first page.

Just make sure if you make a new version of your translated files to replace the one in your post. :) Simplifies it for everyone involved I think.

I've got this installed, but hidden from the members at this time. I thought I could go in and move all the old blogs that were imported (from vB) into the hidden forums (Using Paul M's importer) back into blogs. Not the case. I am not even finding a way to manually copy/paste each one. RATS!!

Whats the chance of making an importer?

I've got this installed, but hidden from the members at this time. I thought I could go in and move all the old blogs that were imported (from vB) into the hidden forums (Using Paul M's importer) back into blogs. Not the case. I am not even finding a way to manually copy/paste each one. RATS!!

Whats the chance of making an importer?
An importer for threads into LNBlog is planned and there's likely of seeing it is as soon as beta 3. Unlike from Beta 1 -> Beta 2, it'll be longer than a week in arriving as at least there are now features in place for staff to deal with issues when and if they come up so I can take my time without rushing myself worrying about it.

My suggestions for Blog main page are:
  1. Latest Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  2. Featured Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  3. Most Viewed Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  4. Featured Bloggers with Entries count in brackets, i.e (85), and also Linked to their Blogs page.
If you like, I can post some mokups too.

And last but not least.. Categories :)

Best wishes and good luck. :)

Take your time. I'll just leave the blogs and blog posts from vB hidden for now, pending the new release. Nice add-on.

One of the key things needed before I can do the import process is attachments, so hopefully when I implement that, I can actually import the entire first post of the thread with attachments intact, and then import the replies to the thread as blog entry comments. At least that's how I intend for it to work.

The question of course is what to do with the attachements in the replies to the thread. The comments won't support it (they're really meant to be comments after all), so my only option is to delete them. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this part of it, but if you or anyone has any thoughts on it I'd appreciate the input.

1. Latest Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  2. Featured Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  3. Most Viewed Blog Entries (with thumbnails : get thumb image from the blog entry : if there's no image than use Avatar)
  4. Featured Bloggers with Entries count in brackets, i.e (85), and also Linked to their Blogs page.

The first three of your features requires the blog to support attachments, which at this time does not. Hopefully in beta 3 I will be able to implement it, so then those features can come to existence. I'd also like to include thumbnails in the News Feed like threads do now.

The fourth item is something meant for beta 2, but got left out, and probably will be in beta 3.

The other items (things like views) aren't tracked right now either. I really don't know how much I can fit into beta 3. Of course I can just take all the time in the world until it's all in there but that leaves people who may be using it right now waiting for features they'd like to have but didn't need at the time of installing and using it in an active site.

So we'll see where I draw the line in beta 3, and whatever doesn't make it will probably be the first on the list in beta 4 (see the pattern? :p).

If you are going to do all of that, I would prefer customizable blocks where I can pick and choose what to place on my blog index. I dont want too much clutter. peace

One of the key things needed before I can do the import process is attachments, so hopefully when I implement that, I can actually import the entire first post of the thread with attachments intact, and then import the replies to the thread as blog entry comments. At least that's how I intend for it to work.

The question of course is what to do with the attachements in the replies to the thread. The comments won't support it (they're really meant to be comments after all), so my only option is to delete them. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle this part of it, but if you or anyone has any thoughts on it I'd appreciate the input.

I don't think I have any instances where replies to blogs contain attachments. Was vB even capable of doing that?

So, deleting those, would not be a problem.
smile.png

I just dont see it... tags would go a long way... filter blog listings by way of search criteria would be good...
But I am not running a blog... I have multiple Wordpress sites for that... reason for my thinking on this.
I want to use my xenForo site as forum.. promote [LN]Blogs within xenForo where opportunity for that presents itself. My intention is to allow members to have multiple blogs indexed by there username, searchable and with tagcloud capabilities for accessing

imo Onimua you are doing a fantastic job. I think you should take all the suggestions and categorize them into "must-haves" for a basic blog, and the rest are "extras". Get the "must-haves" done and get the product out of beta into production, then begin offering enhancements. The only things which seem required are the ability to delete blogs and some form of organization / search. The rest are all nice-to-haves, and maybe even should-haves, but shouldn't hold up the process of getting out of beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom