Lack of interest Live alert indicator in favicon and title

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

imthebest

Hi,

This one is a very minor but very useful modification: please include a live alert indicator in favicon and title so we can know when there is a new alert without opening the tab in our browser. Something like this (courtesy of this addon):

screen-shot-2012-05-22-at-12-11-02-pm-png.29842

Thanks @Mike.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Imagine that you're browsing your forum but also navigating through some other sites by using tabs in your browser (I guess all people do that). Being in front of your monitor and having your browser open what is the best way to know when there is a new alert in your forum? The answer to this question supports my suggestion :)

Imagine that you're browsing your forum but also navigating through some other sites by using tabs in your browser. Being in front of your monitor and having your browser open what is the best way to know when there is a new alert in your forum? The answer to this question supports my suggestion :)

Many people, like myself, are on all the time and are frequently on the forum list or New Posts page, so we're always aware of what's going on.

@Daniel Hood yep I know I quoted the add-on on my first post. Thanks anyway :)

Well I don't know but also Facebook does this when there is a new notification (at least a chat notification).

Many people, like myself, are on all the time and are frequently on the forum list or New Posts page, so we're always aware of what's going on.

I'm on all the time as well, however I use that thing called tabbed browsing. It's nice to see a digit show up while I am reading ESPN instead of switching back here, refreshing, etc.

Top Bottom