1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live alert indicator in favicon and title

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by imthebest, Feb 20, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Hi,

This one is a very minor but very useful modification: please include a live alert indicator in favicon and title so we can know when there is a new alert without opening the tab in our browser. Something like this (courtesy of this addon):

[​IMG]

Thanks @Mike.

RobinHood, psx, rellect and 2 others like this.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Don't really see a need for this, personally. That's what e-mails are for.

3. imthebest

Imagine that you're browsing your forum but also navigating through some other sites by using tabs in your browser (I guess all people do that). Being in front of your monitor and having your browser open what is the best way to know when there is a new alert in your forum? The answer to this question supports my suggestion :)

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Many people, like myself, are on all the time and are frequently on the forum list or New Posts page, so we're always aware of what's going on.

5. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Chris D and Amaury like this.
  6. imthebest

@Daniel Hood yep I know I quoted the add-on on my first post. Thanks anyway :)

Well I don't know but also Facebook does this when there is a new notification (at least a chat notification).

7. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I'm on all the time as well, however I use that thing called tabbed browsing. It's nice to see a digit show up while I am reading ESPN instead of switching back here, refreshing, etc.

8. imthebest

That's exactly why this is needed as part of the core.

psx likes this.
  9. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Emails and Alert Counts are totally not related.

imthebest and FredC like this.