1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Litespeed Cache?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by AzzidReign, Oct 26, 2011.

1. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

So today I was roaming through some of the things that Litespeedtech offers and came across this:
    [​IMG]

It says vB and IPB, has anyone tried it for either of those? And has anyone tried it for xF? Is this not something a sysadmin could set up (sorry for my ignorance, I've hired sysadmins so I don't have to deal with the server headaches)?

2. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I'm about to try LiteSpeed for vbulletin. Yes, a sysadmin should be able to install it. Litespeed goes on top of Apache. AFAIK there is no Litespeed cache for XenForo yet. I really hope they will add it.

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The only thing LiteSpeed has to do with Apache is its ability to convert/use Apache config files. It is completely separate from Apache.

Big Dan and Darkimmortal like this.
  4. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

5. Forsaken

Does not compete with the speeds LiteSpeed gives you.

I haven't dabbled with their Cache, but their server software is my preference for all my servers.

6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

LiteSpeed has its own cache, similar to Varnish.

7. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Varnish is not an opcache.

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Here is George his comparison between Varnish and Litespeed cache: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4603
    Even though this relates to vbulletin, it does indicate that LiteSpeed cache would be very nice to have for XF.

AzzidReign likes this.
  9. a legacy reborn

I have read several different comparisons between the two and it was usually Varnish + Apache > Litespeed Cache...although this article seems to be well composed so I might have a second look at it.

10. Forsaken

Uh... Where would you have seen that? Apache isn't even comparable to LiteSpeed if their tests were done correctly (vanilla installs and nothing to optimize them other than Varnish/LiteSpeed Cache).

11. a legacy reborn

Must I link to it?...sigh...this is the only one I found in my bookmarks so here you go

12. Forsaken

You might want to go over his conclusion again.

13. a legacy reborn

I should really learn to read entire posts...

14. Forsaken

Blame the statistic tables, they're a bit overwhelming.

a legacy reborn likes this.
  15. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

So has anyone have xf with litespeed cache enabled?

I'm very interested in this.

16. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Active Member

I would like to see if Litespeed cache is worth it as well. I have Xenforo running with the free version of Litespeed, XCache, and Memcached as a back-end cache here: http://www.waywardinn.com/forum/
    It's pretty fast - no complaints here. But I am always curious to see how much better it might perform. :)

17. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Varnish/Litespeed cache used to cache guest requests. They cache entire pages and response to requests without execute php. Extremely useful for home, index pages & busy sites.

18. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

19. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Did you manage to implement cache under litespeed?

20. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

No. Moved to nginx.

Evina likes this.