LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.3.0

No permission to download
If xenforo is compatible with the latest version, there is no problem. I wrote it because there is the phrase "Unmaintained" about the plugin.

Ah, no worries. We don't put out too many updates for this plugin and that tag eventually makes it's way back into our description automatically.
As far as we know currently, the plugin should still be compatible with current releases.

Regards,
-Michael

Thanks for this add on... But incompatible with [AddonFlare] (AJAX) Advanced Forum Stats, ajax not load because cache... Please fix it.

Thanks again :)

Mike, do you have any news on this? :)

No new news on this unfortunately. I have talked to the team about it (and will again today to help keep the request fresh) but for the time being our efforts are focused on WordPress support specifically and improving the service itself as a whole -- with support for other CMS still down the line.

We do appreciate the interest,
-Michael

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately we have no immediate plans to add features to our XF2 plugin. Sorry.

I've just let the team know about the renewed demand for additional plugin work here and personally wouldn't mind trying to carve out some time to toy around with adding plugin features myself given how long it as been. Sadly, much of our staff's time, including my own, is focused on a number of other ongoing priority projects.

Apologies,
-Michael

@Michael A. That's really disappointing. Only minor development has gone into the XF2 addon since it was released in 2018, 4 years ago.
And then you have a massive amount of resources being poured into the WP one. I mean, I get that WP is is more popular than XF, so it's natural that WP has priority 1, but there is a middle ground here.. It's basically all development for years on WP/other platforms, and ZERO for XF2. Not even the crawler for XF2.

Look at the release log for WP addon:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/#developers

XF2:

Joomla/Prestashop f.ex also have more frequent updates and improvements compared to XF2.

@Michael A. That's really disappointing. Only minor development has gone into the XF2 addon since it was released in 2018, 4 years ago.
And then you have a massive amount of resources being poured into the WP one. I mean, I get that WP is is more popular than XF, so it's natural that WP has priority 1, but there is a middle ground here.. It's basically all development for years on WP/other platforms, and ZERO for XF2. Not even the crawler for XF2.

Look at the release log for WP addon:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/#developers

XF2:

Joomla/Prestashop f.ex also have more frequent updates and improvements compared to XF2.

Your disappointment here is completely understandable. Being the sole developer maintaining this extension, I can only apologize for the lack of meaningful updates.

While not immediately helpful or a substitute for our own development work, it may be worth my mentioning that our XF2 plugin is open source and we would welcome any contributions from those interested in taking the time: https://github.com/litespeedtech/lscache-xf2

Sorry to not be of more help right now.

Regards,
-Michael

First of all I appreciate that the plugin is available at all. But then I also have to express my disappointment. I do understand there are other priorities but the success driven by WordPress installations should also make available resources for development for other systems. The lack of development is unfortunately not limited to the XenForo add-on, it's also the MediaWiki extension and others. And unfortunately it's also not limited to caching plugins, for example AlmaLinux 9 was released in May but Litespeed still officially only supports CentOs 8, for example PHP8.1 was released in November 2021, but still no lsphp81-pecl-imagick.

In the past Litespeed was adopting new tech as fast as possible, we want that to continue. And we want up-to-date caching plugins at least for the major system in each category: XenForo for forums, MediaWiki for wikis, WordPress for I'm-fine-with-my-lo-fi-site-as-long-as-its-point-and-click-and-doing-everything-for-me-automatically. I'm paying for LSWS already and I'm up for paying a little less for caching plugins too. @Michael A. maybe you can consider this and forward this to the decision makers :)

Last edited:
First of all I appreciate that the plugin is available at all. But then I also have to express my disappointment. I do understand there are other priorities but the success driven by WordPress installations should also make available resources for development for other systems. The lack of development is unfortunately not limited to the XenForo add-on, it's also the MediaWiki extension and others. And unfortunately it's also not limited to caching plugins, for example AlmaLinux 9 was released in May but Litespeed still officially only supports CentOs 8, for example PHP8.1 was released in November 2021, but still no lsphp81-pecl-imagick.

In the past Litespeed was adopting new tech as fast as possible, we want that to continue. And we want up-to-date caching plugins at least for the major system in each category: XenForo for forums, MediaWiki for wikis, WordPress for I'm-fine-with-my-lo-fi-site-as-long-as-its-point-and-click-and-doing-everything-for-me-automatically. I'm paying for LSWS already and I'm up for paying a little less for caching plugins too. @Michael A. maybe you can consider this and forward this to the decision makers :)

Forwarded verbatim (y)

Top Bottom