Resource icon

Listing Threads In Particular Forums 1.0.6

No permission to download
@Nobita.Kun First off, thanks for developing this. I'm glad it's continued further in development beyond the original version. I have two things.

Edit, scratch my first one. ;)

Also, two addition questions/suggestions:

- Is it possible to install this add-on twice, resulting in two tabs for threads from two separate forums?
- Is it possible to simply hide/don't show the tab if the user has no threads in that forum, rather than displaying a tab with no content?

If these are not currently possible, I'd like to suggest them as features for a future version.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, ran across something else: editing the phrase listing_threads to the tab title I want but it's still titled "Listing Threads" in the profile. Did the phrase change or something? How can I edit the tab name?

@Live Free
- Is it possible to install this add-on twice, resulting in two tabs for threads from two separate forums?
Do you mean that 2 tabs one of special forums of users choose and other of admin choose from ACP? right?
- Is it possible to simply hide/don't show the tab if the user has no threads in that forum, rather than displaying a tab with no content?
Well! I'll update this.
editing the phrase listing_threads to the tab title I want but it's still titled "Listing Threads" in the profile. Did the phrase change or something? How can I edit the tab name?
Seem I used same phrase for tab name :)

@Live Free

Do you mean that 2 tabs one of special forums of users choose and other of admin choose from ACP? right?

I'm thinking not having the user choose, but two where the admin can set the forums. For example, on my site I have a Writing Workshop, which is the current admin-selected section of the installation. I also have an Articles section/forum. Ideally, (only if the user had an article in the Article Forum) then it'd list this in their profile as well, set by the admin. I guess basically two installations of the current version.

Well! I'll update this.

Awesome!

@Live Free I don't understant this :oops:
I'm thinking not having the user choose, but two where the admin can set the forums. For example, on my site I have a Writing Workshop, which is the current admin-selected section of the installation. I also have an Articles section/forum. Ideally, (only if the user had an article in the Article Forum) then it'd list this in their profile as well, set by the admin. I guess basically two installations of the current version.

How about naming this "User Thread Display/Count on Profile" or something similar? I feel like the current name does it a disservice. But maybe that's just my opinion! Anyway, thanks a lot for keeping this one going. (n)

How about naming this "User Thread Display/Count on Profile" or something similar? I feel like the current name does it a disservice. But maybe that's just my opinion! Anyway, thanks a lot for keeping this one going. (n)
(y) I wanna get new name for this. Thank you for given suggestion :P

Hello. There's a feature named "Nodes Option" installed with this addon, under user options. Below all the nodes it reads, "Choose forums which will display all threads of forums on this page: Topics Started." I've found, though, that if I try to chose any nodes and save it, I get this error:

Mysqli statement execute error : Column 'old_value' cannot be null
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/Model/UserChangeLog.php at line 119
  5. XenForo_Model_UserChangeLog->logChanges() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 2794
  6. XenForo_Model_User->logChanges() in XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 1048
  7. XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/User.php at line 84
  8. bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_User->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1397
  9. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Nobita/ListingThreads/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 30
  10. Nobita_ListingThreads_ControllerPublic_Account->actionNodesOption() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/.../public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

This is with using it with either 1.3 beta 1 or beta 2. I never tried it on 1.2.

EDIT: Double-checked and I do have the permissions enabled: Can Assign Nodes For Listing Threads. Well, I guess that would be obvious, because otherwise one wouldn't see it as an option on the front-end. ;)

Last edited:
Hello. There's a feature named "Nodes Option" installed with this addon, under user options. Below all the nodes it reads, "Choose forums which will display all threads of forums on this page: Topics Started." I've found, though, that if I try to chose any nodes and save it, I get this error:

This is with using it with either 1.3 beta 1 or beta 2. I never tried it on 1.2.

EDIT: Double-checked and I do have the permissions enabled: Can Assign Nodes For Listing Threads. Well, I guess that would be obvious, because otherwise one wouldn't see it as an option on the front-end. ;)
Hi friend. This is bug of XF.
http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-error-column-old_value-cannot-be-null.68075/

Sorry to see that you seem to have abandoned this one, Nobita. I hope you'll update it in the future, if necessary. I for one would be willing to pay a bit for it.

Oh. Do you have any bugs? Or any suggestion?
Not at all, it's still working perfectly, thank you. That's why I said "if necessary." I'm assuming that if not before it will run into a problem when 2.0 comes out, so I was just thinking ahead a little, foreseeing a time when it might no longer be compatible. Hoping you'll update it whenever that happens. (y)

Top Bottom