Listing Child Node Titles

Miz

Hello, hopefully this question is aimed at the right forum.

I am trying to make a system of tabs for our forum's index. As one category has grown far too large and we want to condense it some. Now I can set up the tab regions and the javascript required properly, however what is troubling is I can't seem to make the actual area where the tabs appear to have the title of the forums inside the tabs with the Xenforo template language.
Mainly I am trying to make it so it will list all the child-nodes under the parent category.

forum_tabs.webp
What I am aiming for is that inside of template node_category_1, I want to create a unordered list (ul) with each list entry (li) being a tab titled for each rendered child for category id 26.

Desired object:
HTML:
<li id="tab-[child forum node id here]">[child forum title]</li>

Yet regardless of how I do a xen foreach statement, I can't get it to ether load properly, or not have a template error.

Area in node_category_1:
HTML:
    <xen:if is="{$category.node_id} == 26">
    <xen:if is="{$renderedChildren}">
    <ol id="the-stage-tabs">
      <ul> <!--- Tab Li with Titles here ---> </ul>
  <xen:foreach loop="$renderedChildren" value="$child">{xen:raw $child}</xen:foreach>
      </ol>
    </xen:if>
          </xen:if>

Hopefully I made sense. Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

Edit - Slight typo in code

I played with the template code but I was unable to directly access the titles of the children in $renderedChildren. That array contains template objects and I can't seem to get at the _params.

You can dump the entire thing with this code:

Code:
{xen:helper dump, $renderedChildren}

That is all I was able to do.

Top Bottom