Cannot reproduce Listed items bug

Alternadiv

Affected version
2.x
Very small bug.

This was my process for creating it -- I'm not sure which part the bug comes from:

• I had my first tier of the list already made (solid bullets).
  • I pressed enter after "Archive Garage" to start the second tiered list under it, which created the hollow bullet as expected.
  • I copy and pasted that list of prizes into my new line, but that list of prizes was already in a list the PM that I copied it from.
  • Because it was already in a list, it put it in a 3rd tier of lists (with the square bullets), as expected.
  • I didn't mean to create a third tier, so I put the cursor in front of the first letters of the prizes ($, A, A), and hit backspace.
  • The screenshot is what I got -- two hollow bullets per line.

Not a big deal and easy to fix, just thought I'd post it up for you guys.

1591806418839.png

Testing the two tier list.
  • This is the first tier
    • This is the second tier.
    • This is also the second tier.
  • Again this is the second tier.
  • Back to first tier.
Working fine here! I'd say it may be your theme.

What's the BB code say as it SHOULD be:

Code:
[B]Testing the two tier list.[/B]
[LIST]
[*]This is the first tier
[LIST]
[*]This is the second tier.
[*]This is also the second tier.
[/LIST]
[*]Again this is the second tier.
[*]Back to first tier.
[/LIST]

Testing the two tier list.
  • This is the first tier
    • This is the second tier.
    • This is also the second tier.
  • Again this is the second tier.
  • Back to first tier.
Working fine here! I'd say it may be your theme.

What's the BB code say as it SHOULD be:

Code:
[B]Testing the two tier list.[/B]
[LIST]
[*]This is the first tier
[LIST]
[*]This is the second tier.
[*]This is also the second tier.
[/LIST]
[*]Again this is the second tier.
[*]Back to first tier.
[/LIST]
This might not be exactly what I did. But either way, like I said, this is a ridiculously small bug.

We would be keen to understand the exact code that could reproduce this issue, especially if you're able to do so consistently. I've tried several ways to try and confuse things and I've been unable in both XF 2.1 and XF 2.2.

Was the screenshot of how it appeared in the editor or how it appeared after it was posted?

If you can reproduce it consistently it might be worth trying to do so here in our "Test messages" forum. If you can provide the exact steps so we could try to reproduce it ourselves that would be ideal.

For now given the obscurity of the result we'll close this but give us a nudge if you can reliably reproduce it and we'll reopen.

Top Bottom