Fixed List dropdown editor button missing in XF2.2 Beta 2 (upgrade or new install)

marquisite

Affected version
XF 2.2 Beta 2
After upgrading a testing instance of XF 2.1.10 to XF 2.2.0 Beta 2...

In the Admin CP BB code button manager, editing any of the toolbar sizes reveals a blank button with an empty tooltip, between Alignment and Paragraph format.

xenforo-2-2-text-editor-list-dropdown-button-missing-tooltip-and-icon-after-upgrade.gif

The HTML reveals that this blank button should actually be the missing lists dropdown:
HTML:
<div data-cmd="xfList" data-xf-init="tooltip" class=" fr-command fr-btn  fr-btn-image" data-original-title="" id="js-XFUniqueId50">

<span class="fr-sr-only"></span>
    </div>

In fact, the editor layout looks identical to the second screenshot in Xon's previous bug report that was marked fixed:

Is this the expected default layout when upgrading from XF 2.1?

---

I have also installed a brand new XF 2.2 Beta 2 instance, however the list dropdown is missing here, too.

xenforo-2-2-text-editor-list-dropdown-button-missing-tooltip-and-icon-new-install.gif

xfCustom_gallery is also present (as a blank button between Insert video and Spoiler) even though XFMG has not been installed in this new XF 2.2 Beta 2 instance. Is this intentional?

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Fix some editor config issues related to default values and dropdowns. Also remove xfCustom_gallery as a default button.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

I should have clarified - the changes we made are not retroactive.

You can get the default button configuration (which should now be correct) by going to each editor toolbar in the BB code manager and clicking the "Reset button configuration" for each toolbar.

Any new upgrades from XF 2.1 to XF 2.2 won't be affected by this issue any longer.

@Chris D, thanks. Yes I did need to recreate the List dropdown. :)

One other related issue encountered: The list dropdown title was found to be blank in a new installation of XF2.2 Beta 3:
xenforo-2-2-b3-text-editor-list-dropdown-empty-title-new-install-2.gif

xenforo-2-2-b3-text-editor-list-dropdown-empty-title-new-install-1.gif

The same after Upgrade from 1.5.x to XF 2.2.4 - I also have recreate the list button. So I think its not real solved. ;)

Top Bottom