• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Links show apache error message

rv65

Apparently, I upgraded to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS thinking it would be a stable release, but to I digress. When you click on a tab or a link, Apache throws a fit and says it is not found. I have all permissions right and I cannot seem to get this version of apache to work and I have mod_rewrite enabled. Any help would be great. I am alos using PHP 7.0 as well.

Jeremy P

All I can think of is the new setup is either missing .htaccess, or configured not to allow them (AllowAccess None).

rv65

Tried everything, but this Apache will not cooperate. I keep changing the config files to what is recommended and it just gives me an error message when you have to reload apache.

rv65

I also have Xenporta setup as an index page, but for some reason I still can't get mod rewrite to rewrite that and I have an .htaccess file

rv65

All I can think of is the new setup is either missing .htaccess, or configured not to allow them (AllowAccess None).
How do I change allow access, as this version of apache is very picky with configuration files. It will throw an error message if you change it. Where would I change allow access?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
The directive is AllowOverride. It would need to be changed in your httpd.conf. You can likely find some references for "None" that can be changed to "All".