Lack of interest Links in private forums

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Spenser

Hi!

I would really appreciate to hide links in private/hidden forums from appearing in the referer.
In some circumstances it would be better if the link target doesn't get to know from where the visitor was coming.
Links in public areas don't bother, they can be viewed anyway. But links in hidden areas should stay hidden.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
No there isn't. I wouldn't be touching templates with this if I could help it. I would set a global flag that the forum is private before the links are parsed. And then I would have the parsing check for private and change the links. Or, I would do the same global flag first and then extend the link class and it would build any external links with a defferer.

Any progress on that? I want that when users post links, it goes through an anonymizer first, so my forum's URL does not show up in the logs of the site that my users link (and click) to.

Top Bottom