XF 2.2 Links being moved to beginning of post.

Flounder70

Hello,

When I make a post that starts with text (Example:"Check out this link. link"), the link gets moved to the very beginning of the post.

Actual outcome: Link.Check out this link.

I've searched the ACP and here. Is there some setting I'm missing?

TIA

This is a link. Link

No. Here is what happens on my site.

Initial normal linking.
Bad link 1.webp

After I press "Insert", I get this.
Bad link 2.webp

Edit: The only addon I have is [OzzMod] Email whitelist 2.0.4

I briefly had one from Andy that also dealt with reg email but I removed or deleted it.

Last edited:
Highlight the text you want to link to something, then click that button and insert the link... does it work correctly then?
Yes, that works as expected. The problem seems to happen when I add the link and text manually into the link box. That just happens to be the way I usually add links. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, that works as expected. The problem seems to happen when I add the link and text manually into the link box. That just happens to be the way I usually add links. 🤷‍♂️

I think you are doing it wrong. If you click in the text editor, it should insert it at the position of your cursor. If you type stuff and leave the cursor after the text you just added.... it will insert it wherever the cursor is. At least, that's how it has worked for me.

Edit: I should add, it works the way I think is most logical. As a long time computer user, it behaves how I would expect.

I think you are doing it wrong. If you click in the text editor, it should insert it at the position of your cursor. If you type stuff and leave the cursor after the text you just added.... it will insert it wherever the cursor is. At least, that's how it has worked for me.

Edit: I should add, it works the way I think is most logical. As a long time computer user, it behaves how I would expect.
Hello. Sorry for the delay in my reply. I travel for work, and I've been out working for several days.

Yes, I almost agree. I've been a user of a couple of XF forums for several years. My forum seems to be acting differently than my past experience and history.

My user experience - I type initial text. I click "Insert Link" icon. I add link and text that replaces the link. I click "insert" and the link appears after my initial text (where the cursor was when I clicked the "insert link" icon).

My forum's behavior - I type initial text. I click "Insert Link" icon. I add link and text that replaces the link. The link appears before my initial text. (As shown in post #3).

I have been advised to upgrade to XF2.2.15. I'm not sure how much that difference it will make but I'll try it soon, unless anyone has any horror story about upgrading. I'm a newb and worry about changing things that mostly work!

Oh! I just realized that this is a link to a related issue. I will look at it when it is not so late in the night for me.

Thank you.

Top Bottom