XF 1.2 Linking 'Sign Up Now' Button to the Registration Form Page

planetzu

Is there a way to direct visitors straight to the 'Sign Up/Registration Form Page' when they click on the 'Sign Up Now' button? Currently when a visitor clicks on 'Sign Up Now' button, the login menu scrolls down from the top. And then the visitor has to enter his 'Name' and click 'Sign Up' to be taken to the actual 'Registration Form Page'.

Instead, I am looking for a way to send the visitor directly to the 'Registration Form Page'.

I tried editing the 'Sign Up Now' button link in the 'Sidebar_Visitor_Panel' template to 'sitename.com/register' but it still triggers the Login Menu Scroll Down. Here's the code I changed:

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="http://sitename.com/register" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

Also tried this but it didn't work:

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link register}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

Last edited:
@Brogan I tried login/login but that does not work either. It still triggers the Login Menu Scroll.

Code:
<label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link login/login}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

It works for me if I remove,
Code:
for="LoginControl"
. Not sure if it is okay to remove that though.

Code:
<label id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link register}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

I would also like to do this. What is the proper answer, please? I'm confused by the instructions above.

As an aside, while the "bounce down" login screen that appears when a guest clicks the Sign Up Now button is cool, its coolness quickly fades as guests become confused about how actually to create an account. The default is "Yes, my password is," but that makes no sense for someone clicking Sign Up Now, since they wouldn't have a password. Instead, they have to figure out that the proper action is first to click the No, create account radio button, which is not intuitive.

So I suggest that the default behavior for Sign Up Now be made to take the guest directly to the full sign-up screen.

I got it now. For anyone following this thread, here's what that line needs to look like:

Code:
<label id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link register}" class="inner">{xen:if $xenOptions.registrationSetup.enabled, {xen:phrase sign_up_now}, {xen:phrase log_in}}</a></label>

I actually think that the big sign-up button is good, but it should take the user to the full sign-up page. The drop-down is confusing for people who have never registered via Xenforo before.
Agreed. I have seen the number of registrations increase after I made this change. The current system is great if you have net savvy members, but if not, can get just a tad bit confusing.

I actually think that the big sign-up button is good, but it should take the user to the full sign-up page. The drop-down is confusing for people who have never registered via Xenforo before.
The problem with using the "sign up button" to go directly to the registration page is - you now make the users click on the small link at the top of the site if they are already a registered user. If they have a problem understanding something like this: screenshot.webp
then "Houston, we have a problem". ;)

Top Bottom