Link to resend confirmation e-mail

Phillip

I'm setting up a notice for members who have unconfirmed accounts to verify their e-mail address. Is there a default XenForo URL for a user to click on to resend their e-mail confirmation if they have misplaced it?

I'm setting up a notice for members who have unconfirmed accounts to verify their e-mail address. Is there a default XenForo URL for a user to click on to resend their e-mail confirmation if they have misplaced it?
I'm fairly certain such a notice is in place by default (not as a part of the notices system), that includes a link to resend it.

Jeremy is correct.

Any member who has not confirmed their account will see a message with a link when they log in.
The message will be present until they confirm their account.

Where do you find this notice? I have logged-in as a user that requires account email confirmation, and do not see any such message anywhere - or the ability to resend it.

/account-confirmation/resend ( linked from /account/verify ) is the default URL, but as per my post above I cannot find or see a default notice.

It is a notice. It is contained in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> notice_confirm_email

If it's not showing then make sure your user state is awaiting email confirmation. This problem might also be due to a template customization. Notices are called in PAGE_CONTAINER:

Code:
						<xen:hook name="page_container_notices">
						<xen:include template="notices" />						
						</xen:hook>

Jeremy is correct.

Any member who has not confirmed their account will see a message with a link when they log in.
The message will be present until they confirm their account.
It is a notice. It is contained in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> notice_confirm_email

If it's not showing then make sure your user state is awaiting email confirmation. This problem might also be due to a template customization. Notices are called in PAGE_CONTAINER:

Code:

Thanks. I use the Aurora theme as a basis, and see this in my PAGE_CONTAINER ...

Code:
                        <xen:if is="@aur_ShowNoticesInHeader == false">     
                        </xen:if>

Confirmed that '@aur_ShowNoticesInHeader' in Style Properties is false (unticked).
Confirmed that the test user is set to 'Awaiting Email Confirmation'

Logged in as test user, and still do not see any default Notice regarding requiring to confirm email address when logged in.

I've setup my own Notice, via Notices system, and see that though.

Try removing that condition around the notices. That is not part of the default style.

Thanks. Yes, I did that ...

Code:
<xen:comment>
                        <xen:if is="@aur_ShowNoticesInHeader == false">     
</xen:comment>
<xen:comment>
                        </xen:if>
</xen:comment>

The result was the same as using the unmodified default style. Still no notice for the applicable user.

Do you have a notice_confirm_email template? Is it not blank?
Yes. Here is its contents ....

Code:
{xen:phrase your_account_is_currently_awaiting_confirmation_confirmation_sent_to_x, 'email={$visitor.email}'}<br />
<a href="{xen:link account-confirmation/resend}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase resend_confirmation_email}</a>

Thanks.

Top Bottom