Option to do not send confirmation e-mail when registering

xavibosch

Hello, is there any option to do not send any confirmation e-mail upon registration? I would like to make this in order to give more facilities to new users. Is it possible? Will it bring any kind of problem to me concerning forum management?

Thank you,

Setup--> Options--> User registration. Untick the "Enable email confirmation" checkbox and save.

Thank you very much. Do you know what disadvantages has for me as administrator of the Forum to not have the confirmation of the e-mails?

Thank you very much. Do you know what disadvantages has for me as administrator of the Forum to not have the confirmation of the e-mails?
Let's say your e-mail is xavibosch@blabla.com

Let's say I am sbj. I register on your site with the e-mail address xavibosch. So I use an e-mail, which is not mine. But since you don't check if it is mine, now from now on it will be used as my e-mail.

2 problems.

1) Let's say you are the legit owner of that e-mail, you want to register on that forum aswell. You can't as that e-mail address is already being used.
2) Since I am on the forum. If I receive alerts and private messages, from now on all e-mails will got to that e-mail. So you will spam that e-mail with no permission.
So someone used your e-mail and you get annoying e-mail spam.

And/or 100s sign up with a completely fictional non-existent email address and your bounce rate gets you blacklisted.

If you do this, ensure your board isn't sending any emails.

Ok thank you very much for your opinions. They helped me a lot. I want to make this only in the beginning, to create traffic. I need the first "spark" of users and I need to put a lot of facility for them to come as my forum nowadays is in the very beginning.

Thank you.

Ok thank you very much for your opinions. They helped me a lot. I want to make this only in the beginning, to create traffic. I need the first "spark" of users and I need to put a lot of facility for them to come as my forum nowadays is in the very beginning.

Thank you.
It does take a small annoyance out of the registration process but also for the most part an expected, standard and acceptable one. People mostly don't mind jumping through a hoop or two to get registered.

Top Bottom