• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

link to image via avatar

topcat

as far as i can see when adding or changing an avatar its currently only possible to upload one from your pc.

Is there anyway to set the avatar by linking to a url like on VB.

Few of my members are complaining about this.

topcat

Shame, reading hat thread i understand not linking to the avatar, but being able to upload an avatar from a url should be an option

Shelley

Shame, reading hat thread i understand not linking to the avatar, but being able to upload an avatar from a url should be an option
You may want to offer some additional feedback within the thread to resurrect the suggestion might be fruitful and liking the original posters suggestions.

Just to piggy-back: A lot of my members are complaining that they can't just use a URL to upload an Avatar.

On my old SMF forum, we never allowed hotlinking, but we had an option to upload a graphic via URL rather than a file insert from the desktop. It made people feel comfortable. I've pointed people to Gravatar, but they seem to want the ability to do everything in-house.

If that's something that can be added, I'm all for that. I understand why you wouldn't want to hotlink for security reasons, but I'm of the school that more options to do things can make users feel more comfortable.