1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Link thread?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by upnet, Jan 23, 2016.

1. upnet

upnet Active Member

Much like the link forum, is it possible to have a link thread? I just want a title and a redirect, but it's not to another thread, it's to a page, and then if I could sticky it that would be perfect. Is possible?

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

There aren't link threads that function in that way in the core. As an alternative you could display a notice in the required forum and put the link to the page in the notice.

I suppose you could also create a link forum and make it a subforum of the one that you wanted the sticky to be in.

upnet likes this.
  3. upnet

upnet Active Member

Thanks for input. The issue is that I am using better blogs crappy blog. And I have a blog that isn't getting as much attention as I want. So I was hoping to sticky it to the top of a forum. I don't want to use a notice for reasons I won't go into. I guess I could just copy the blog into a new thread and sticky it. But then I have the issue of comments on the blog and replies in the thread. Such a dilemma for a Saturday!

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

What about the link forum as a subforum as another solution?

5. upnet

upnet Active Member

I was thinking about that. I have to see what it looks like. I don't want to kick the forum_view thread list to far down on the page.

6. upnet

upnet Active Member

That looks really bad.

7. upnet

upnet Active Member

I was hoping there might be some cross between a thread redirect and a link forum.